Interior of Trailer

Smoke_Dog

Registered
Looking to spruce up the interior of my trailer by painting mine's! Need some good do it yoursef ideas!

More_light_IM000636__Small_.JPG

Both very nice!!

I got My trailer used and the inside was in bad shape..I had to use stainblock paint a few times and semigloss white..like 5 coats!!..that cheap wood they use kept sucking it in!!

You doing something special or just a solid color??

heres a small pic of the front section,I got a few cabinets and mounted the spare and made a nitrou bottle and fire ex holder and the custom Mirror..

eddyspics217.jpg

it looks great !!!!! We've been looking to buy used (hard to find) expecially when your looking for it !! What size is it ? Looking to fit our 2 busa's plus space for a friends bike, we're thinking 7x12 !?

That does look good E-RACER. So you used something like Kilz, then a bunch of coats?

Prime it with an oil based primer, then go to the home depot and look at their pile of mistint paint for something you can live with.

If you paint BE CARE what type of paint to use, My buddy painted a trailer interior not sure what type of paint but the FUMES in the trailer you cant stand in there more then 3 minutes with out passing out. And if the temp is like 80' or 90' its worse.

Jon(Loomis).

Man Smoke, I have always said that you have the best looking trailer on this site. I am still wondering if I should go with enclosed or open. Whatever you do with the interior as far as painting is concerned...just make sure that you get a water-based paint that you can wipe down once mold and/or mildew starts to form. Trust me, at some point it will. Can't wait to see what you decide on. Myself personally, and if you've got the coin...I would do some type of paint scheme that resembles your bike color. Actually you can probably find an area artist/home interior painter who can just draw up your scheme with a pencil on the wall and you can paint it yourself. Kind of like one of those children's coloring books "Color by number..." I actually had a friend who had this done, and it turned out awesome. He painted the Gucci logo on the inside of his trailer.

it looks great !!!!! We've been looking to buy used (hard to find) expecially when your looking for it !! What size is it ? Looking to fit our 2 busa's plus space for a friends bike, we're thinking 7x12 !?
I have a 6X12 enclosed & it is tight w/ 1 Busa & my Wife's 600RR. I don't think you could get 3 bikes in it. I need to Rhino liner my floor. A friend of mine put this cool checkerboard tile on the floor of his & he dropped his bike twice. It is like ice when there is any moisture.

My enclosed has plywood walls & floor. I used Minwax stain with polyurathine on the walls. One coat of stain & hand prints wipe off.

I used black indoor/outdoor carpet on the floor & glued it down.

The trailer doubles as a storage shed for all the yard equipment. I blow it out & vacuum it when its time to haul the bikes.

If you do not have deck plate on the ramp door suggest screwing some expanded metal to it. Mine is slick when wet.

Man Smoke, I have always said that you have the best looking trailer on this site. I am still wondering if I should go with enclosed or open. Whatever you do with the interior as far as painting is concerned...just make sure that you get a water-based paint that you can wipe down once mold and/or mildew starts to form. Trust me, at some point it will. Can't wait to see what you decide on. Myself personally, and if you've got the coin...I would do some type of paint scheme that resembles your bike color. Actually you can probably find an area artist/home interior painter who can just draw up your scheme with a pencil on the wall and you can paint it yourself. Kind of like one of those children's coloring books "Color by number..." I actually had a friend who had this done, and it turned out awesome. He painted the Gucci logo on the inside of his trailer.
Thanks for the trailer commments!!! I went to the Wells Cargo Co about 20 miles from here and had it specially done! Base price was 1900.00 and when I finished with the chrome additions and the wheels it was 2700.00 out the door!!! The local guys couldn't touch it and got mad when they saw me with it! Since then I've sold five trailors for them! to friends! Good people are at Wells Cargo!

Both very nice!!

I got My trailer used and the inside was in bad shape..I had to use stainblock paint a few times and semigloss white..like 5 coats!!..that cheap wood they use kept sucking it in!!

You doing something special or just a solid color??

heres a small pic of the front section,I got a few cabinets and mounted the spare and made a nitrou bottle and fire ex holder and the custom Mirror..

eddyspics217.jpg
E-RACER,
Thanks for the info! NICE setup by the way, Could we get some exterior pictures?

Man Smoke, I have always said that you have the best looking trailer on this site.  I am still wondering if I should go with enclosed or open.  Whatever you do with the interior as far as painting is concerned...just make sure that you get a water-based paint that you can wipe down once mold and/or mildew starts to form.  Trust me, at some point it will.  Can't wait to see what you decide on.  Myself personally, and if you've got the coin...I would do some type of paint scheme that resembles your bike color.  Actually you can probably find an area artist/home interior painter who can just draw up your scheme with a pencil on the wall and you can paint it yourself.  Kind of like one of those children's coloring books "Color by number..."  I actually had a friend who had this done, and it turned out awesome.  He painted the Gucci logo on the inside of his trailer.
Thanks for the trailer commments!!! I went to the Wells Cargo Co about 20 miles from here and had it specially done! Base price was 1900.00 and when I finished with the chrome additions and the wheels it was 2700.00 out the door!!!  The local guys couldn't touch it and got mad when they saw me with it!  Since then I've sold five trailors for them! to friends!  Good people are at Wells Cargo!
What size is that trailer?

Back