Registered
From email:

As you know, America is the first country to send aid when other
countries are in trouble.

It is highly appropriate that we now send THANKS to all of the
countries that reciprocated for our help with their disasters,
misgivings, social turmoil, & poverty by sending to the United States
of America monetary and physical help when Sandy ravaged our East
Coast leaving dead, homelessness, and pure disaster.

Listed below are all the Countries and World Organizations that are
giving us gracious assistance. Please assist in thanking these
entities by passing on this email so people all over America can join
in and THANK our neighbors, to whom we have invested BILLIONS!!!!

First on the list is…

I know, it is frustrating beyond words. There is a huge part of me that truly feels we should just tend to our own issues, block ourselves off and whatever happens in other countries is no concern of ours, BUT it's also very difficult to know genocide goes on unchecked and unchallenged. It's a slipperly slope for certain, and one I wish I had a great answer to, but I don't. I know I hate seeing the daily atrocities that occur in places like Syria, Darfur, etc, and at what point do we turn a blind eye, pretend it's not going on? Look at all that perished under Hitler's rule and his insane ideals, and if no one bothered to step in, where would the world be today? It's tough...I would love nothing more than for America to focus on America, but can we really do that and come out on top? Questions of morality and ethics come in to play for me...not sure if our politicians feel the same; I think they're more of the mind set that we get involved when it "appears" there's a danger to others outside of whatever-country-we're-monitoring, but I may be wrong.

Slippery slope...do we want to be that kind of country, that only cares about our own? I've seen way more than I should in the way of true atrocities in other countries, and our military has seen even more, so when you see images of people, innocent children, dying and suffering at the hands of hate, how can you just ignore it? Flip side, we lose our own fighting battles that aren't always ours to fight...like I said, tough spot to be in.

As for your list of who helps the U.S.? Yeah, depressing, but I like to think, in some way, we're better than that, better than others, but that's likely my rose-colored glasses :laugh:

We sent millions to Japan after the Tsunami. Where is the return kind gestures?

Vabs Hitler was out to conquer the world. Ignored or not it would have come knocking on our door.
No problem in Syria or Darfur will result in us being threatened. Civil wars happen and are still happening all over the world. We have broken ourselves trying to police it.

Vabs Hitler was out to conquer the world. Ignored or not it would have come knocking on our door.
No problem in Syria or Darfur will result in us being threatened. Civil wars happen and are still happening all over the world. We have broken ourselves trying to police it.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I do struggle with exactly what our role in such things is...I really have a tough time seeing what happens to innocent people, especially children, in ANY country, but am I the one that could send our troops over and risk their lives?? It's a tough spot, but I do see both sides...civil war does happen, but atrocities also happen at the hands of tyrants, civil war or not, people die every day in horrendous ways. If you saw this stuff day in and day out, could you just turn and look the other way? I guess that's the question for our country...

Humans are evil and always will be. What's happening now in Syria pales in comparison to the history of that region. It is the land of my fathers fathers fathers. My family on his side has been in Damascus longer than this country has been one. And yes I'm willing to turn my back and let it happen. The Syrians throughout history have been able to take care of themselves.
I promise you nobody will help when we fall.

Humans are evil and always will be. What's happening now in Syria pales in comparison to the history of that region. It is the land of my fathers fathers fathers. My family on his side has been in Damascus longer than this country has been one. And yes I'm willing to turn my back and let it happen. The Syrians throughout history have been able to take care of themselves.
I promise you nobody will help when we fall.

I agree, no one will help us, but that doesn't make me feel any better...

I don't have the answers here...just know it's a struggle for me, emotionally and morally, to just turn the other way...

And how do you feel about this?

a4d023ba23542262ddad72dad70c8a4e.png

Agreed!!

Until every man woman and child is properly taken care of here I have no interest in spending money abroad no matter who it's for.

Strange as how I sit here typing this, this guy is right next to me.

image.jpg

WHAT ARE WE? CHOPPED LIVER?

Canadian response to Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The task force was organized under the name "Operation UNISON" and involved over 1,000 personnel from the Canadian Forces and Canadian Coast Guard who were placed under the operational command of their American counterparts who were coordinating relief operations. A precedent was established with a similar humanitarian aid response by the Government of Canada following Hurricane Andrew when the Auxiliary Oil Replenishment (AOR) ship HMCS Protecteur participated in "Operation TEMPEST", providing relief supplies and personnel in southern Florida and the Bahamas.
Canadian_20flag.gif

Gor Blimey, you yanks can be so self absorbed. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

cheers
ken

Former internationalist free trader here, then I grew up, have been traveling the world since 17, 8 years Army, 25 years International business, all over this sht hole we call the world.I am now an isolationist, non free trader. Our leaders are too incompetent or corrupt to be trusted with foreign dealings except for military action against others that attack us. I get to see the whole world (sans Africa) today and have been my whole adult life, communist countries, Islamic countries of various types, South America, all of Asia, we need to come home and only do business that is beneficial to us.

watch this movie on netflix and think about it, its a little dramatic but hits a lot of good points.

The World Without US (Video 2008) - IMDb

Blanca be nice, that was 50% of their military being deployed. Of course it was to take care of the 50% of their population that invades Florida every year. Just kidding Canuk, I do appreciate the close relations militarily with you guys.

Listen Ken. Help from Canada is like help from Haiti :moon:

Who was left there if 1000 came here? :laugh:

WHAT ARE WE? CHOPPED LIVER?

Canadian response to Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The task force was organized under the name "Operation UNISON" and involved over 1,000 personnel from the Canadian Forces and Canadian Coast Guard who were placed under the operational command of their American counterparts who were coordinating relief operations. A precedent was established with a similar humanitarian aid response by the Government of Canada following Hurricane Andrew when the Auxiliary Oil Replenishment (AOR) ship HMCS Protecteur participated in "Operation TEMPEST", providing relief supplies and personnel in southern Florida and the Bahamas.
Canadian_20flag.gif

Gor Blimey, you yanks can be so self absorbed. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

cheers
ken

Don't bother with the facts. I posted a link a few posts above you that shows that many countries offered assistance to the US but we refused. The initial premise of this thread is based on uninformed assertions. :banghead:

Didn't Great Britain pledge to back the us dollar after the trade towers were hit? Isn't that like them saying we will help hold you up while you get ready to strike back?

Don't bother with the facts. I posted a link a few posts above you that shows that many countries offered assistance to the US but we refused. The initial premise of this thread is based on uninformed assertions. :banghead:

Didn't see it before. Just read it. Interesting.
I got the thought in email and didn't research it. Just posted it.

But if you wanna talk about facts. The facts are Canadiens cheat at Hockey and soon will have to give us back the Oly Gold. :moon:

Until every man woman and child is properly taken care of here I have no interest in spending money abroad no matter who it's for.

Strange as how I sit here typing this, this guy is right next to me.

Did you give him anything or just snap his pic? I ask because just yesterday my coworker was heading to Chick-fil-a for lunch and she spotted a guy standing in the intersection, holding a sign...she bought him lunch and took it to him. :thumbsup:

Back