Interesting Facts About Myrtle Beach...

bacharles

Korrup~shun!!
Donating Member
Registered
Hey Guys/Gals,

Went to Myrtle Beach, had a blast, got back home in one piece. Oh yeah. Did I mention... had a blast?
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
Anyway, two things really caught my attention while I was there:

#1.-- Was it just me, or did it seem like close to 50% of all the bikes there were Busas? Just about every other bike I saw were Busas. In my 6-man group alone, there were 3 Busas. I'm not basing my percentage on my group, but I was actually shocked that there were so many Busas out there. I've mostly gathered from other boards that riders on the far East coast tend to prefer Kawi's. And oddly enough, about 30% of those Busas were piloted by females. I must say that Myrtle Beach was definitely Busa Heaven.

#2-- After casually meeting and talking to a lot of people, it was found that roughtly 80% of all the riders there suffered from their bike overheating. One of my buddies Busas redlined quite often down there. Primarily due to the sweltering heat and the constant stand-still traffic. So we went to a local shop and purchased some Engine Ice. We then pulled the left side fairing off and loosened the hose from the water pump to the radiator to let some of the anti-freeze drain out. We also emptied the overflow bottle. We then resecured all hoses and filled the overflow bottle with Engine Ice. We ran the motor until it redlined again then shut it off. The vaccuum of the water pump sucked the Engine Ice in to replace the coolant that was removed. Once the engine cooled off, we began to run it a little to get more of the Engine Ice circulated into the engine. Oddly enough, it didn't work too well. The bike continued to redline on the temp guage. Now, I'm not knocking Engine Ice by any means. I'm beginning to think that it was the thermostat. I said all that to say that a couple months ago I purchased a bottle of Water Wetter. I was trying to prepare for the harsh traffic conditions of Myrtle, so I wanted to protect my engine as much as possible. I totally drained my old anti-freeze and replenished the entire system and also added a bottle of Water Wetter. Man that stuff truly works. I will give sworn testimony to it. It's great. All throughout the trip, my bike never ran over the halfway mark, and it didn't matter how long I sat there letting it idle. I'm not trying in any way, shape, or form to discredit Engine Ice, but I just so happened to use the Water Wetter first. This stuff is truly the bomb.

Brian

Number one There were hella busaas down there. NUmber 2

I ran engine ice and i NEVER overheated and the longest i rode straight htrough to test the stuff was from 10 am friday morning to 8 am saturday morning. The frame and everything else was on fire. The motor never got past half on heat AND I never cut off all weekend. No bullshit. Ask my buddies. They needed a few pushstarts the busa was cool all frickin weekend!!!! Dont know what to tell ya. The only difference is that i flushed the system as recommended on the bottle and followed the instructions to the letter. Also it took a bottle and a half to fill er up.

No Busa is meant to stay running idle without wind helping it cool. I have heard of guys using 2 fans. I use the engine ice and am pleased so far. I don't keep it at idle going through slow traffic. When i used to cruise around town I noticed it would get hot real easy.
cool.gif

More riding + Less posing = No overheat problems. Not ment to flame anyone, but I bought this bitch to ride. I can't stand sitting in the grid lock that is Daytona's strip or Myrtle's strip. I do like to park and watch all the pretty bling bling roll past though. I bought my 40th new last may and now have 17,000 miles on her and she could use a new paint job as the lead edge of the fairings, nose, headlight,and fender are all sand blasted from my group rides. Also my tires are scrubed all the way over (no chicken strips). Like I said I bought this bitch to ride!

Well Ive been using engine ICE for a while and havnt been past 1/2 heat myself. I also found that moving the temp sensor to the left air tube makes all the difference in the world. Combined with the engine ice no overheating. I also found that my frames could cook a steak to well done in minutes. I was quickly reminded when the inside of my knee touched the polished frame. Instant well done!. Just darted over one street north and rode Oak the entire length too cool that beatch down.

If your running engine ICE try moving your temp sensor out of the air box and into the left air tube. You get a more accurate reading there. Also you dont get the interferance of the heat from the engine altering your temp sensor readings thus leanin your shytt out!

After seeing ORANGEBIKERBOYZ twinn fan set up work. I dont think his temp ever gets to 1/4 temp.
smile.gif
I know my next mod

I was talking to a Bike Mechanic at the Expo ( her name is Stacy) She said to use engine ice and install an aluminum fan with more blades and install a manual switch for more control during those days in hot traffic.

For the record my bike never went past half way, but it was stalling allot. I need to bump the idle to 1100 I guess but I'll also be checking my plugs. Stacy recommended that too...........

Might I add she is one fine sista! And she can install a full exhaust on your Busa for the right price!!!!!!!!!

My kind of woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Myrtle Beach was a lot better this year . I had a ball. I changed the oil in my 04 Busa just for the trip, I used 20-50 4 stroke motorcycle oil. My bike never ran hot.

Sorry I did'nt hook up with you guys but we had technical difficulties on the ride down with the trailer.A 12-13 hour ride turnned into a 18-19 hour ride anyway it WAS BUSA HEAVEN DOWN THERE I didn't feel special no more.It was off the hook.Except for the traffic in which cooked my legs I use engine Ice its better if you change it every year and a six blade alum fan and boom no overheating legs still cook though.

The National Guard was a little too much I have never seen so many cops,and I grew up in NYC.

The honeys were ,shall I say honeylicious I took some great pix on the strip and down Atlantic beach and the parties at my hotel.I would post them but someone stole my $300 digital camera
evil.gif
I got some digi video when my new computer gets here I will post the video

Hey Guys/Gals,

Went to Myrtle Beach, had a blast, got back home in one piece.  Oh yeah.  Did I mention... had a blast?
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

#1.--  Was it just me, or did it seem like close to 50% of all the bikes there were Busas?   Just about every other bike I saw were Busas.  In my 6-man group alone, there were 3 Busas.  I'm not basing my percentage on my group, but I was actually shocked that there were so many Busas out there.  I've mostly gathered from other boards that riders on the far East coast tend to prefer Kawi's.  And oddly enough, about 30% of those Busas were piloted by females.  I must say that Myrtle Beach was definitely Busa Heaven.

#2--  After casually meeting and talking to a lot of people, it was found that roughtly 80% of all the riders there suffered from their bike overheating.  One of my buddies Busas redlined quite often down there.  Primarily due to the sweltering heat and the constant stand-still traffic.  So we went to a local shop and purchased some Engine Ice.  We then pulled the left side fairing off and loosened the hose from the water pump to the radiator to let some of the anti-freeze drain out.  We also emptied the overflow bottle.  We then resecured all hoses and filled the overflow bottle with Engine Ice.  We ran the motor until it redlined again then shut it off.  The vaccuum of the water pump sucked the Engine Ice in to replace the coolant that was removed.  Once the engine cooled off, we began to run it a little to get more of the Engine Ice circulated into the engine.  Oddly enough, it didn't work too well.  The bike continued to redline on the temp guage.  Now, I'm not knocking Engine Ice by any means.  I'm beginning to think that it was the thermostat.  I said all that to say that a couple months ago I purchased a bottle of Water Wetter.  I was trying to prepare for the harsh traffic conditions of Myrtle, so I wanted to protect my engine as much as possible.  I totally drained my old anti-freeze and replenished the entire system and also added a bottle of Water Wetter.  Man that stuff truly works.  I will give sworn testimony to it.  It's great.  All throughout the trip, my bike never ran over the halfway mark, and it didn't matter how long I sat there letting it idle.  I'm not trying in any way, shape, or form to discredit Engine Ice, but I just so happened to use the Water Wetter first.  This stuff is truly the bomb.

Brian
Ok a quick note ... you CANNOT mix engine ice with antifreeze, or its not recommended.

You need to drain all the the liquid out of your cooling system at one time, including the radiator and hoses. Flush the system with water. Fill with engine ice then burp the radiator two or three times. Then she should be right.

Hey Guys/Gals,

Went to Myrtle Beach, had a blast, got back home in one piece.  Oh yeah.  Did I mention... had a blast?
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

#1.--  Was it just me, or did it seem like close to 50% of all the bikes there were Busas?   Just about every other bike I saw were Busas.  In my 6-man group alone, there were 3 Busas.  I'm not basing my percentage on my group, but I was actually shocked that there were so many Busas out there.  I've mostly gathered from other boards that riders on the far East coast tend to prefer Kawi's.  And oddly enough, about 30% of those Busas were piloted by females.  I must say that Myrtle Beach was definitely Busa Heaven.

#2--  After casually meeting and talking to a lot of people, it was found that roughtly 80% of all the riders there suffered from their bike overheating.  One of my buddies Busas redlined quite often down there.  Primarily due to the sweltering heat and the constant stand-still traffic.  So we went to a local shop and purchased some Engine Ice.  We then pulled the left side fairing off and loosened the hose from the water pump to the radiator to let some of the anti-freeze drain out.  We also emptied the overflow bottle.  We then resecured all hoses and filled the overflow bottle with Engine Ice.  We ran the motor until it redlined again then shut it off.  The vaccuum of the water pump sucked the Engine Ice in to replace the coolant that was removed.  Once the engine cooled off, we began to run it a little to get more of the Engine Ice circulated into the engine.  Oddly enough, it didn't work too well.  The bike continued to redline on the temp guage.  Now, I'm not knocking Engine Ice by any means.  I'm beginning to think that it was the thermostat.  I said all that to say that a couple months ago I purchased a bottle of Water Wetter.  I was trying to prepare for the harsh traffic conditions of Myrtle, so I wanted to protect my engine as much as possible.  I totally drained my old anti-freeze and replenished the entire system and also added a bottle of Water Wetter.  Man that stuff truly works.  I will give sworn testimony to it.  It's great.  All throughout the trip, my bike never ran over the halfway mark, and it didn't matter how long I sat there letting it idle.  I'm not trying in any way, shape, or form to discredit Engine Ice, but I just so happened to use the Water Wetter first.  This stuff is truly the bomb.

Brian
Ok a quick note ... you CANNOT mix engine ice with antifreeze, or its not recommended.

You need to drain all the the liquid out of your cooling system at one time, including the radiator and hoses. Flush the system with water. Fill with engine ice then burp the radiator two or three times. Then she should be right.
Yeah, we figured that poop out later on. I still say though that the Water Wetter along with the 50/50 antifreeze mixture works just as well for about half the price of buying two jugs of Engine Ice.

Brian

Back