Interesting check point refusals.

voodoolord

Registered
I just stumbled on this. At first I thought it was people harassing USBP officers but after thinking about it they are exercising their 4th and 5th amendment rights and on it's face checkpoints like this are not constitutional. I would feel the same as these guys if I was forced to stop and answer questions for just traveling on the highway.

TOP U.S. CHECKPOINT REFUSALS OF 2012! - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange to say the least?
State to state or in state just up the road a ways and they have these?

The last one was great. We will send you back to Arizona!
And then you see the big book doofus was quoting from. :rofl:

Strange to say the least?
State to state or in state just up the road a ways and they have these?

The last one was great. We will send you back to Arizona!
And then you see the big book doofus was quoting from. :rofl:

That was an Agricultural checkpoint they have at the borders in California hence the giant book of regulations said doofus was reading from. The funny thing about those is Cali is and was so far in debt that they shut those checkpoints down for a few years and everybody just drove through the bypass until the union twisted enough arms in the Cali legislature to get them opened up again. They do nothing but ask if you have any fruit and if you say no they wave you on through. It is another example of a stupid waste of money and most obviously it has no real effect at all. If they could shut it down for 3 years then it is not essential and if your relying on the honor system your screwed before you start. I personally dont agree with those last folks, it is just a stupid AG check point. The other ones involved with BP and LEO are more concerning.

I personally believe any checkpoint in which they ask if you are a US citizen is illegal... For the only proof to be provided to be a verbal "Yes" makes those stops worthless...

I personally believe any checkpoint in which they ask if you are a US citizen is illegal... For the only proof to be provided to be a verbal "Yes" makes those stops worthless...

But the funny thing is that half of those people identified themselves as citizens in their non answers.

A drivers license would not prove citizenship anyway. Other than a verbal yes what other form of proof does one normally have on them to prove it? Nobody carries their passports?

That was an Agricultural checkpoint they have at the borders in California hence the giant book of regulations said doofus was reading from. The funny thing about those is Cali is and was so far in debt that they shut those checkpoints down for a few years and everybody just drove through the bypass until the union twisted enough arms in the Cali legislature to get them opened up again. They do nothing but ask if you have any fruit and if you say no they wave you on through. It is another example of a stupid waste of money and most obviously it has no real effect at all. If they could shut it down for 3 years then it is not essential and if your relying on the honor system your screwed before you start. I personally dont agree with those last folks, it is just a stupid AG check point. The other ones involved with BP and LEO are more concerning.

Well they have drug sniffing dogs. I don't see why they haven't trained some to sniff out fruit.

But the funny thing is that half of those people identified themselves as citizens in their non answers.

A drivers license would not prove citizenship anyway. Other than a verbal yes what other form of proof does one normally have on them to prove it? Nobody carries their passports?

And you just reviewed the crux of the problem with profiling, and the problem that Az. and Alabama face with the illegal alien laws passed lately. Essentially the law give the cops the right to stop anyone they "think" doesn't look right and expect them to prove their citizenship.

Be careful what you wish for, what prove can you carry, passport, birth certificate? DL is not good enough. Universals ID, biometrics? This is still america/right?

we will be very soon, mark my word, here is paradox you can`t get driver licence renewed without birth certificate or naturalisation papers, passport is not good enough, how stupid is that?

instead of discussing the "answers" or the papers "produced" why are we not discussing "what we are going to do about it"?

100 - Things Not to Say to a Cop - YouTube[/url]

I thought it was appropriate..

Last edited:
no...this just creates everything this country was founded on to be no longer true...and we as americans are either going to do as others are doing and stand and say NO MORE...or as you say....look for that black market to help us negate the restrictions to what is RIGHTFULLY ours.

Back