Intercooler or Water/Alcohol Injection

69ls1

Registered
I have a stage 1 rcc turbo. I want to run around 12 pounds of boost with a 9.5 to 1 compression engine. Which one would be better? I am leaning more towards the injection. If I use alcohol in the injection it will cool the incoming air and alochol has a octane rating of about 120 which I think would also help. I am looking at either an Aquamist or a Snow Performance injection system. There seems to be a big price difference between the two, does anybody know any pros or cons about either. As far as an Intercooler, would that create any cooling issues due to the intercooler sitting in front of the radiator? I am just not sure if one would be better than the other since I only plan on running less than 12 pounds of boost.

Thanks.

If you don't have the bike lowered in the front and you don't mind adding a second fan, intercooler all the way.

I do have the bike lowered front and rear. When I drag race I strap the front down also.

If your just drag racing and not going over 12psi boost the water inj should be ok but if you have stock injectors be sure your A/F stays 11.5-12.0 also it would be a good idea for your dyno guy sets up the map with the water operating

Thanks for the info. I also have a set of the S2000 injectors that I will be installing also.

for drag racing the mister is the better route. more compact and you can lower the bike as low as you want. Just Always make sure you have enough water/alc.

Does anybody have any expierence with the Snow Performance water/alchol injection system? Is it a decent kit?

i want it , but it will have to wait!

lurk.gif

I like the intercooler. No topping up and it's working all the time. No radiator issues if it's under the tank.
Ram air duct can supply airflow.

Cheers
Ross

COOLER.JPG

Im running alcohol injection on my truck now... Its basically a 2D system, only better and I made it for under 400 bucks... 2 things:

1. Its not the alcohol that cools anything, its has a shitty specific heat so its just helps with octane essentially
2. The water is was dissipates the heat. Its high specific heat and low boiling point allow it to evaporate quickly and take a lot of heat with it.

I think running an alcohol/water system instead of an inter-cooler is a cool idea, but your only adding headaches since most say the kits are not quite a science themselves yet. Lots of tuning goes into making them run right and you will have to play with water/alcohol mixtures... They also have companies that make what they call "mixers" or "cocktails" which include other horsepower adding agents... Let me know and I can help you piece one together or we can at least talk about your plans.

Back