interceptor history & the NR750

The V 4 accelerating technology ??? I had one an technology was the only thing that was accelerating on that bike. After owning it I wouldn't own one of those V 4 if they gave it to me for free with a bow on top, cause my hatred for the V 4's I wouldn't touch the new VFR with a 10 foot pole but it is a nice looking machine, come to think of it my old one looked nice too but it was slow an the V 4 sounded terrible.

View attachment 180763
hahahaha.....

Honda 1983 , sent the first v4 750 f interceptors out to the world market with major inherent cam failure . Honda were slow to react to the rapidly growing numbers of new owners experiencing engine failure . They were recalled eventually , but the program Honda finally initiated was criticized for being slow to react and the damage to reputation of the new v4 was universally common knowledge . Honda's fix also wasn't always successful from owner reports . The following VF1000F also had problems , in fact it was the only when Honda changed over to the gear driven cams in the race inspired top shelf VF1000R model that reliability improved .
The early Honda VF series are touted as revolutionary by Honda at least , and certainly well funded race teams kept the interceptor on the front grid , but personally think the 1985 Suzuki GSXR 750 was by far the most revolutionary motorcycle of the '80 's .

Nice photos brings back memories I agree with roadtoad my new VF1000 in 84 was in the dealer for nearly 3 months fixing the cams apart from that I like them all especially the RC30 which are pricey now here :thumbsup:

Here you go guys me and my proud father back in 84 with my new 84 VF 1000 check out those powder coated black mufflers and mirrors :thumbsup:

Image-3.jpg

I loved the power band of the V four but that 16 inch front wheel made a quirky handling bike I don t know how many years honda persisted with the 16 inch front rim because in the end it was not popular :thumbsup:
Suzuki had a 16" tire on their GSX series from 83-86, my pop up Katana had one and to be honest, I found it handled just fine.

Suzuki had a 16" tire on their GSX series from 83-86, my pop up Katana had one and to be honest, I found it handled just fine.
The Suzuki GS1150 , called GSX1100EFE hear in OZ , was well known to really push the front end when hard cornering , and any shortcomings were often emphasized because of the 16 " rim . It could be at times produce a head shake , and even escalate to a full on tank slap . The 16" wheel was seen to be a direct marketing ploy , to compete with the Honda VFR series at least on the showroom , because the Hondas design overall was much more modern , and Suzuki were at the time busy behind the scenes with preparation of the GSXR750F streetbike , with no extra development money for major revamp of it's flagship open class machine .

The Suzuki GS1150 , called GSX1100EFE hear in OZ , was well known to really push the front end when hard cornering , and any shortcomings were often emphasized because of the 16 " rim . It could be at times produce a head shake , and even escalate to a full on tank slap . The 16" wheel was seen to be a direct marketing ploy , to compete with the Honda VFR series at least on the showroom , because the Hondas design overall was much more modern , and Suzuki were at the time busy behind the scenes with preparation of the GSXR750F streetbike , with no extra development money for major revamp of it's flagship open class machine .
Maybe because my 750 was lighter I didn't have those issues-I pushed that bike hard at times. I think the 16" front tire was seen as a trend (which didn't catch on).

Back