Integration of turn signals into oem taillight housing?

Mikesbaron

Registered
Generation 1.

All I'm wondering and trying to do is integrate the rear turn signals into the OEM tail light housing.

Can I simply drill a hole in each side of the housing in Mount above from each turn signal wiring in there?

Or is there a cleaner way to wire the turn signals into the actual tail light itself to make it integrated? Assuming the OEM setup has two bulbs?

Or does someone sell a kit or I can just plug it into the stock housing? Maybe an LED integrated setup that uses the stock housing?

Yes I just looked those up. I was going to post, is there a cheaper way without doing the LED taillight kit?

You can buy a trailer light wiring box at any auto parts store for around $15.
That will make both bulbs work as tail lights and brake lights, and each side as a turn signal.
Depending in your state's laws, it may or may not be legal. Some states require a certain distance between the turn signals, Va does.
But, the average idiot in the car behind you isn't paying attention to the lights, the bike, or the rider anyway.
And it's always up to the cop, if they notice, or feel like trying to stop and ticket you.

You can buy a trailer light wiring box at any auto parts store for around $15.
That will make both bulbs work as tail lights and brake lights, and each side as a turn signal.
Depending in your state's laws, it may or may not be legal. Some states require a certain distance between the turn signals, Va does.
But, the average idiot in the car behind you isn't paying attention to the lights, the bike, or the rider anyway.
And it's always up to the cop, if they notice, or feel like trying to stop and ticket you.
sixpack577 you wouldn't have or be able to point me to a diagram of the trailer light mod?

So here's my dilemma, want to upgrade2000 hayabusa tail light (brake only harness) to turn signal/brake harness using oem housing, to keep the option of replaceable bulbs(incandescent or led). Looking under integrated tail turn signals, its all just led full unit verses a harness mod. Any suggestions? Please include diagram and or schematics and any additional items I should consider for overall bike lighting,

I just bought a smoke LED tail light with integrated turn signals for only $19 on Ebay with free shipping, and it works great..

I just bought a smoke LED tail light with integrated turn signals for only $19 on Ebay with free shipping, and it works great..

This^
and costs the same.
I put one in my 08 Busa and 08 Bking

The trailer harness works great, and is an old school trick...from back in the day before leds.
I did that on my 94 zx7 and 02gsxr1k, and a friend's 06 Busa, so it goes way back.
late 80s sportbikes.

Back