integrated led tail light

cerebusa

Registered
I did a swap with one of my sons friends and got an integrated led tail lite. It blinks too fast, I have heard about a resistor that will slow them back down. Could some of you wise sages chime in with where, what, when, and how to go about this?? (and I already know the when part, soon as I get an answer). Thankyou guys for your help, I do appreciate it because, I was asked to play golf in a company tourny (I DONT PLAY GOLF) and was asked my handy cap? My reply was ( I'm not that bright). Thanks for the help, Mike

Don't know about the particular resistor, but most of the time, you can find a heavy duty flasher relay and it resolves the issue. Other will chime in soon a better answer I'm sure.

I purposely kept mine at the faster "ANNOYING" blink rate on my CA integrated tail light. Based on my own judgement and everyone who has ridden with me it is more eye-catching at the faster blink rate - has a flashing effect. This means cagers are more likely to notice it too.
thumb_up.gif

Perosnally, I'd leave it.

Thanks for the advice guys, I did not think about the flash effect. Makes sence. I had the headlight flasher (strobe) on the 99 and it was very noticeable. Thanks for all guys. Mike...

I left mine flashing fast too. It is more noticeable. I need as much help as possible to get the attention of the grey haired old ladies around here.

I slowed mine down with a resistor (actually 2, one for each side). To simullate a light bulb's resistance, the resistor needs to be 5 ohm. To handle the load, it needs be greater than 30 watts. It gets wired in parallel to the LEDs.

thanks guys for the great advice, I may try to leave them for while, or till they really get on my nerves, which ever comes 1st. Im old stuff annoys me easily now!
guns.gif

Back