Intake & Exhaust Camshaft Positions

Youkai

Registered
I was going to confirm with my local busa mechanic but wanted to verify here cause the org is the best community. I am about to rebuild my motor with a new head gasket, freshly flat-surfaced block/cylinder head, and APE studs/nuts. My question is the camshaft position. I don't believe the manual instructions are correct because on my motor the two outside pistons are UP and the two middle pistons are DOWN. My mechanic still has my cams but I believe I only saw one arrow per cam. I believe the intake arrow was pointed towards the inside of the motor gasket and the exhaust arrow was pointed straight up. Does anyone know if thats right? Thanks.

the line on the exhaust cam should be facing the exhaust ports and be level with the top of the valve cover lip on the head.The intake cam line should be facing the opposite towart the intake ports and also be level with tpo of the valve cover lip on the head.These are the actual lines on the camshaft,not the sprocket.You need to find top dead center with the #1 piston using the line on the starter clutch with the groove in the plug hole above it to find tdc.

Back