Intake cam mod

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, so the mod to put the intake cam on the exhaust side, whats the advantage? I'm assuming power gains? If so, where in the power band? I'm thinking about it, but I don't want to lose my midrange power. I'm more of a corner carver...

Good question. Since I am going to have to tear the motor down for 2nd gear issues, I am thinking why not make some additional enhancements. I am more of a straight-line type of guy, eigths and quarters. So low end power is the name of the game. I look forward to feedback on this issue.

Mine dipped a few ft lbs below 4600 rpm. Maybe 6 or so. But from there on up, it is well worth the loss.

TQ gain at 6000 rpm was nearly 10 ft lbs.

HP loss was much less, maybe 2-3 at the same RPM

Learn fast he will.......

Changed to a jpeg instead of a PDF.

leemap.jpg

HOLY CRAP KEVIN!!! 275 HP?! What mods do you have to get that?!

So, would it be worth it to try and poick one up and have the dealer install it when they do my 16k service?

(yamahor @ Mar. 14 2007,16:21) HOLY CRAP KEVIN!!! 275 HP?! What mods do you have to get that?!

So, would it be worth it to try and poick one up and have the dealer install it when they do my 16k service?
Left side numbers= HP- use the bottom set of before/after lines.

Right side number=TQ - use top before and after numbers.

Mods were Intake cam mod, small box mod, BMC filter, reprogramed stock ECU.

175 RWHP. 2002 and up will make closer to 180 with the 32 bit ECU.

The cam mod is a very cheap way to pick up 5-7 hp.

(vman1300 @ Mar. 14 2007,16:50)
(yamahor @ Mar. 14 2007,16:21) HOLY CRAP KEVIN!!! 275 HP?! What mods do you have to get that?!

Left side numbers= HP- use the bottom set of before/after lines.

Right side number=TQ - use top before and after numbers.

Mods were Intake cam mod, small box mod, BMC filter, reprogramed stock ECU.

175 RWHP. 2002 and up will make closer to 180 with the 32 bit ECU.

The cam mod is a very cheap way to pick up 5-7 hp.
hmmm... looks like I might have to try and find one...

(vman1300 @ Mar. 14 2007,17:08) Cam is fairly inexpensive...$170ish...maybe less.
I've seen 'em used for about 75... Thats why I was asking, found them fairly cheap.

Back