Intake cam for Exhaust

reward69

Registered
Have you guys experienced any decent performance numbers when adding a intake cam to the exaust side?? I've heard that this is a popular less expensive way to gain some hp. Im close to having the valves checked and this would be a good time to upgrade if this is worth doing. Im aware of yosh and others but really dont want to spend the $$ for them. If this is wasting my time and $$ then I dont want to do it.

YES! THE STOCK INTAKE IS MORE AGRESSIVE THAN THE EXHAUST...IT WILL GIVE YOU A FEW MORE HORSE POWER WITH PROPER CAM TIMING..I HAVE ONLY USE THEY ON 1397'S WITH GOOD RESULT FOR THE MONEY....

+1 my 1397 is set up the same way.

but it's a good thing for a stocker. I will be going bigger

soon, just have to save some more cash for them.
race.gif

its a cheaper way but still expensive for the small amount of HP. 100 for intake cam on ebay, 150 for adjustable sprockets, and around 500 to have it installed and 200 for a new map. close to 1k for the whole shibangabang
biggrin.gif

(psycobusa @ Sep. 24 2006,00:15) its a cheaper way but still expensive for the small amount of HP. 100 for intake cam on ebay, 150 for adjustable sprockets, and around 500 to have it installed and 200 for a new map. close to 1k for the whole shibangabang  
biggrin.gif
It's still worth it if you are capable of performing the cam install and cam degreeing yourself however. There are other cost effective methods for having your fuel injection remapped afterwards.
wink.gif

Thanks for the reply's. I agree that 500 sounds like allot though. Im going to have the valves checked per the scheduled maintenance, so I though this would be a good time to do this. My mechanic said that it wouldnt be much more being he already in there anyway.

reward69,

Engine components compliment each other .

With your slip-on's the Yoshimura Stage I cams would give you only around 6hp at this stage. My opinion is the intake mod alone would give you little to no real gains , especially in bang for buck with this engine and the mods you have .

The restrictive stock header collector will not allow the engine to breath well past 10000 rpm where any small gains would be realized .

I didnt mention in this thread, but I am in the process of installing a full yosh system. I thought I would go ahead and let my mech do a custom map and figured I would go ahead a do as much as $$$ alows before I do this. Im also looking into the 210hp set up from carpenter racing. Thats if I can get it past the wife/BOSS....

Back