insurance turned down - UK

paulos

Registered
hi all,
i dunno how to say this,and this is gonna be a long post but please give me advise.
me and the wife was happyly chatting about the busa last night(to the point where i said i was gonna insure it again).
so i went on quote online and filled out the form.it gave me a referance and a phone number to complete proseigers of my bike insurance.
when i phoned up i gave the bloke the referance number and he said theres afew more questions i must filling.
we was going through it and all was going well till he came to the bloody bit what mods have you had done?
rock.gif
(s***)
rock.gif

so good old me starts rolling it of the tongue like no tomorrow,ive had it remaped,(his reply)o yea wats that?so i said 3rd 4th and 6th remaped.(him) any thing else?i said yea full ram air mod,timeing retarted eliminator,carbon cans,k&n air filter.o yea and i added abit of cozmetic work.i told him i was going to start entering it in for shows.he said how many miles are you going to be doing on it for these shows,so i told him 8000.
then it all went quite,to that he said hold the line i'll be right back.when he came back he said im sorry but we cant insure you.he said i will phone around the insurers and phone you back monday?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???
lets get this right yea,if i had all the mods done,and didnt tell him then i would of got insurance?(but then if i had a prang my insurance would be invalid because i never told them so wtf is going on?
now if he calls and says no you cant get insurance im gonna av a bike in the garage doing nothing,so should i take it that because they have refused me i should take it out without any?(no cause i no its wrong).???
should i have just said no it is just a normal bike without mods?
please help any advise would be good
paul

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Hey bro go to GMAC.Com....thats who I have my insurance with on my bike..there great, and they dont ask you what mods have you done...etc, they go buy the type of bike and how many cc's it is...Me and hayabusa1300nut have our bikes with them and we both got full coverage and our insurance is less then 500 a year and I just had a claim....check it out...laters

hi all,
i dunno how to say this,and this is gonna be a long post but please give me advise.
me and the wife was happyly chatting about the busa last night(to the point where i said i was gonna insure it again).
so i went on quote online and filled out the form.it gave me a referance and a phone number to complete proseigers of my bike insurance.
when i phoned up i gave the bloke the referance number and he said theres afew more questions i must filling.
we was going through it and all was going well till he came to the bloody bit what mods have you had done?
rock.gif
(s***)
rock.gif

so good old me starts rolling it of the tongue like no tomorrow,ive had it remaped,(his reply)o yea wats that?so i said 3rd 4th and 6th remaped.(him) any thing else?i said yea full ram air mod,timeing retarted eliminator,carbon cans,k&n air filter.o yea and i added abit of cozmetic work.i told him i was going to start entering it in for shows.he said how many miles are you going to be doing on it for these shows,so i told him 8000.
then it all went quite,to that he said hold the line i'll be right back.when he came back he said im sorry but we cant insure you.he said i will phone around the insurers and phone you back monday?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???
lets get this right yea,if i had all the mods done,and didnt tell him then i would of got insurance?(but then if i had a prang my insurance would be invalid because i never told them so wtf is going on?
now if he calls and says no you cant get insurance im gonna av a bike in the garage doing nothing,so should i take it that because they have refused me i should take it out without any?(no cause i no its wrong).???
should i have just said no it is just a normal bike without mods?
please help any advise would be good
paul
Thats totally fugging absurd!!!
mad.gif

How is the insurance company affected it you have some cosmetic changes on the bike!! Maybe the guy you talked to was doing drugs mate...

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

i honestly cant beleive it,im just sat ere like a tw@t,we have got the bulldog bash on this weekend,and we where gonna go down on the busa,it's a big bike show every year,they get about 50.000 people go to it.i have never been before but its ment to be realy good,they have got a drag strip there i have never done it before but i was gonna take her down it.(just to see wat it is like).

Honestly man the only thing i woulda told him about was the carbon can's and the body modification the items that they can see you basically just said a bunch of stuff they would never even know about. but they don't know what this or that dose the remapping they would never know about it ever the K&N mabey but thats a filter and there not gona know about it being diffrent then stock along with the ram air seals.

I think you told him alotta extras that you really didn't need to but now he has this list thinking man alotta stuff done to this bike when it really isn't

Just my 2 cents worth man

When I began checking on Busa insurance I was asked if I had added a Turbo, but no other questions about mods. Evidently the insurance companies are getting savy about mods and just how rocketship fast they can make the already fast stock Busa.

I have no idea about insurance in the UK but here in the US I have State Farm and pay at $500 annually for full coverage. All I can say is, thank God for State Farm! Progressive and others were absolutely rediculous ($2K+), especially considering I have an excellent driving record. It seems having a good driving record doesn't count for much when it comes lowering your insurance, but it sure counts against you if you have one!
rock.gif

Frinken' insurance companies! Aren't they rich enough?
mad.gif

i've got 4 yrs no claims so far,and no convictions,for the laws over here i think i've done well aswell.
i did go for the advance test but because i was asked to do figure of eights with full steering lock doing about 3mph i pulled out i didnt wanna drop it..lol
my father rides a bike and has passed his advance test,and he recons my riding is upto advance standard,but that doesnt make it any cheaper for me without the papers. the bike show me and the wife was going to,well its been raining anyways so i figure im gonna just take her out for a meal and just wait and see wat the outcome is on monday.if he phones up and sais sorry no can do,then i gess i'll phone some 1 else up and say it has no mods.
i could of phoned up today and tryied,but in my opinion they are all wingled together,plus they got my bike reg.
sad.gif

I'll edit the topic to get some of the other 'across the pond' busa members to check this..................

HI
I am from the Uk down south and you may aswell lie through ya back teeth as even if you do throw it down the road they dont check on all that stuff we went to le mans 24 hr and one of my mates was knocked off and no one checked, so my advice dont tell them the lot just the bits that are visable and obvious
regards
dave

Back