Insurance Suggestions?

I am new to the the hayabusa club, but I just picked up an '02 silver bullet.  The only problem is, because I am financing, I am required to have the comp/coll insurance.  I was quoted 10k high and 5k low.  Any recommendations for bare bones cheapest policy or maybe getting around the system?  If I can't solve this problem, I will have to sell her, and nobody wants that.

If you're wondering why its so high, its because I'm 22.

Additionally, if anyone has any suggestions on where I can get a front fender, I'd greatly appreciate it.  Some jerkass at my school tried to move my bike with my disk lock on, and cracked a big piece in my front fender before it hit the forks.

How do the carbon fiber ones look?

Hey if you have a FARM BUREAU INSURANCE agent in your area, I got full coverage, for 3 cycles (including my Busa), my car and my Truck for $178.50 a month...

Its a hell of a deal!

Good Luck!

J.C.

The Carbon front fender I think looks pretty cool, but then you kinda have to balance it with the Carbon rear Hugger, then of course you'll need Carbon Mirrors...Etc...Etc...

Bummer about the insurance, it is going to be pretty rough with you being all young and pretty  
laugh.gif

Umm, how about your folks, who do they have there insurance policy through?  Might try that.

If you are military or recently got out try USAA they can sometimes save you a bundle.  

Progressive is usually pretty funny though, you'll get some crazy pricing from them.

Other wise I really don't know what to tell you, if you ask around you will find the majority of the Busa pilots here tend to over 30 at least, lots of them Married, years and years of riding experiance yadda...yadda... So there are very few good things about gettin old, but lower premiums are one of them.  You might consider taking the Busa back (Oh The Humanity) to the dealer and see if they will work with you on a 600 cc bike or maybe an R1 or something just under 1000ccs, that is the real cut off point for decent rates.  Sucks I know..

Hey I'm semi old and semi pretty and have Progressive Ins.
State Farm & progressive traditionaly have the best rates. Also McGraw (  www.mcgrawgroup.com ) is good but last time I checked covers liability only. Just gotta shop around. Also if you take the MS course you should qualify for discount. But $10K is rediculous!

WOW, 10k, when i was 18 i was quoted $11k, but now that im 19(turn 20 next month) the price went down to $6k, this is with progressive. I pick up my silver 02 next month, and i have some calling around to do. But if its still above $2k i will get less than full coverage. Unless start farm will insure me without a bunch of BS.

Geico cut me the best deal.

- keep it in a locked garage
- maybe get an alarm for it???
- only use it for "Pleasure rides"
- take riding safety class
- put less than "2k miles on per year" or something low like that ;)
- depending on your needs and abilities [read $$] drop what isn't needed, like, oh, I don't know any extra crap like towing or uninsured and that stuff - sorry, I can't remember all the options they threw at me I rejected
- if your comfortable, pick minimum required by the state [USA]
- grow past 35, get married, have kids, Choose a  big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of  fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life. Choosing lowering your insurance rates.

Can somebody please get WWJD a drink?  Sounds like he is just a little edgy,  
biggrin.gif

<span style='color:red'>Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Welsh poet Dylan Thomas, died from alcoholism at the age of 39 after a particularly long drinking bout in New York City in 1953.[/QUOTE]</span>

Back