Insurance sucks

gsxcite do you have any other insurance with state farm or just the busa? im 31 i pay 600 a year with dixie land but not full coverage i have theft and liability. id like to have full covrage for 600 lol.. i have practically perfect driving record. no tickets in over 10 years.
I have only the busa with state farm. We have our homeowner, wifes car, my truck and trailer with Farmers. I had my old cruiser and my wifes motorcycle with Progressive, but when I got the busa Progressive gave me a quote of over two grand! I signed up with State Farm and told them when my policies renewed I would be moving other coverage to them, but have yet to do so. Some say State Farm will only insure your bike if you have everything else with them. At least with my agent, that is not so.

I can't believe what some of you are paying...
sad.gif

I pay $412 a year, full coverage with $250 deduc, through USAA (Married 27). I paid $512 a year for the same coverage on my 01 & 03 since age 21...
winkold.gif

http://www.foremost.com/

We pay $1100.00 per year for full cov on 3 bikes - the Busa alone is only $524.00 per year.

Started with Progressive - rates went up after 1 claim. Went to Sentry/Dairyland - rates went up after 1 year (for no reason). Shopped all insurance carriers who cover bikes in DE and Foremost was the best, hands down. Great rates, nice people, fast service on the phone or on-line.

42 piss poor credit due to Divorce. Have '92 Hardley and '02 Busa with State Farm. pay 54.00 a month for full coverage 250 deduct. Just moved Busa to them from Gieco. Was just going to do Busa with a quote of 29.00 month. Decided to move both for better coverage. Hardley was with American Family.

26 here w/ full coverage and $250 deduct.  Under $30 a month with State Farm.  I also have my house, wife's bike, both my trucks, and my wife's car on there, too......So I may have a discount, lol.
Fellas, don't get $250 deductables. $500 should be the minimum depending on the cost difference between that and $1,000. I have $1,000 C&C ded. myself.

W/ a $250 deductable and let's say you have $3-500 in damage are you really going to make that claim and watch your rates go up across the board (auto and other bikes)?

You only get the great State Farm rates if you have a car with them as well showing to them you won't be riding the bike as your daily transportaion.

26 here w/ full coverage and $250 deduct.  Under $30 a month with State Farm.  I also have my house, wife's bike, both my trucks, and my wife's car on there, too......So I may have a discount, lol.
Fellas, don't get $250 deductables.  $500 should be the minimum depending on the cost difference between that and $1,000.  I have $1,000 C&C ded. myself.

W/ a $250 deductable and let's say you have $3-500 in damage are you really going to make that claim and watch your rates go up across the board (auto and other bikes)?

You only get the great State Farm rates if you have a car with them as well showing to them you won't be riding the bike as your daily transportaion.
That may be true in Florida, but I only have my bike with State Farm. Other vehicles and house are with other insurance companies.

20.25 a month SF and I have a car with them.. (Liability/collision/comp at $1000 ded on comp)

SF will not insure bike only in Indiana

This goes out to the State Farm insurers
beerchug.gif

State Farm with my car and busa is $210 per month and dropping every new renewel. Started a $270 per month 1 and half years ago. Plus got a $50 rebate check from them.
Money left over for mods and apparel.
thumb_up.gif

I am 29, single, w/ 2 12+ tickets in a commercial vehicle. I am carrying liab only thru Geico for 300/year until my tickets go away. Then I will be switching my vehicles and bike to State Farm and going full coverage on the Busa. Right now I pay 900/year for Busa, S10, and Impala.

26 here w/ full coverage and $250 deduct. Under $30 a month with State Farm. I also have my house, wife's bike, both my trucks, and my wife's car on there, too......So I may have a discount, lol.
Fellas, don't get $250 deductables. $500 should be the minimum depending on the cost difference between that and $1,000. I have $1,000 C&C ded. myself.

I beg to differ. The cost difference is less than 3 bucks a month for me. My wife and I have both made $2000-$2500 claims. One each. When a 'friend' rear ended a car then dumped her Ninja 250 a few years back, and then when I hit the tire tread on the freeway last summer. Rates did not go up, yet she sold her 250 for a profit and I got an Akra Evo and some other items at the expense of the damage.

Lets see....

40 total months insured between the two of us = about $100 extra paid in coverage
2 claims at $500 deductible - 2 claims at $250 deductible = $500

$500 - $100 = $400 that I wouldn't have otherwise......

besides all that, I can afford an extra $5 a month between the two of us for some peace of mind..

$380 yr on the Busa for full coverage/$250 deduc. with State Farm. Progressive wanted $1900 yr for said coverage.
eek2.gif

26 here w/ full coverage and $250 deduct. Under $30 a month with State Farm. I also have my house, wife's bike, both my trucks, and my wife's car on there, too......So I may have a discount, lol.

I beg to differ. The cost difference is less than 3 bucks a month for me. My wife and I have both made $2000-$2500 claims. One each. When a 'friend' rear ended a car then dumped her Ninja 250 a few years back, and then when I hit the tire tread on the freeway last summer. Rates did not go up, yet she sold her 250 for a profit and I got an Akra Evo and some other items at the expense of the damage.

Lets see....

40 total months insured between the two of us = about $100 extra paid in coverage

besides all that, I can afford an extra $5 a month between the two of us for some peace of mind..
are you saying you have SF and only insure a bike(s) through them?

state farm...4 per policy bikes 2 gix1k's, zrx1200, and katana 750 $550/yr. Comp and state insurance...if I wreck it other than deer, vandalism or theft...I pay

I personally think that is how all insurance should be.

I am under 25, 500 Laibility 1000 comprehensive... 1050/year full coverage with State Farm. They did require that I had my daily vehicle on the policy to insure the bike.

I am under 25, 500 Laibility 1000 comprehensive... 1050/year full coverage with State Farm. They did require that I had my daily vehicle on the policy to insure the bike.
that was the point of my question above (bike only) State farm at least in Indiana will NOT insure a bike only...

I TRIED to get SF to insure my bikes only and they flat will not do it..

gsxcite do you have any other insurance with state farm or just the busa? im 31 i pay 600 a year with dixie land but not full coverage i have theft and liability. id like to have full covrage for 600 lol.. i have practically perfect driving record. no tickets in over 10 years.
I use state farm as well and my full coverage is like $45 per bike. I have other vehicles with them as well.

that was the point of my question above (bike only) State farm at least in Indiana will NOT insure a bike only...

I TRIED to get SF to insure my bikes only and they flat will not do it..
I was able to do bike only when I was in Montana. Never tried here.

Fellas, don't get $250 deductables.  $500 should be the minimum depending on the cost difference between that and $1,000.  I have $1,000 C&C ded. myself.

I beg to differ.  The cost difference is less than 3 bucks a month for me.  My wife and I have both made $2000-$2500 claims.  One each.  When a 'friend' rear ended a car then dumped her Ninja 250 a few years back, and then when I hit the tire tread on the freeway last summer.  Rates did not go up, yet she sold her 250 for a profit and I got an Akra Evo and some other items at the expense of the damage.

Lets see....

What is truly important is a person's or family's total and complete financial liability...whether it be auto, home or personal. More people should have personal umbrella policies with an independent carrier that cover above and beyond their auto and home insurance. If you think 100/300 coverage is enough you had better think again.

Zborn, I agree that sometimes the difference in deductibles is minimal (usually $5-10 monthly), but if your rates never went up after two claims then you have someone on the inside or someone royally fugged up at their claims office. Insurance carriers, especially for auto liability, don't just shrug off claims w/out increasing your rates. Something's rotten in Denmark here.

Zborn, I agree that sometimes the difference in deductibles is minimal (usually $5-10 monthly), but if your rates never went up after two claims then you have someone on the inside or someone royally fugged up at their claims office. Insurance carriers, especially for auto liability, don't just shrug off claims w/out increasing your rates. Something's rotten in Denmark here.
The claim on my wife's bike didn't affect the rates because according to the agent "You weren't riding it, so how can we fault you?" They actually told her she could claim it as a theft as she didn't give the permission to ride. (That is another story....) That claim was in Montana.

What I was told when I made my claim here in Indiana was the first claim doesn't effect the rates, that is what the insurance is for. It is the 2nd and subsequent claims in a short time frame that make the rates go up.

whatever that is worth....

Back