Insurance sucks

MiwaRob

Registered
So with a perfect record, over 25, riding several years and so forth I am still paying $1,200 for insurance per year. This is everything except my fault collision, that would be $3,600. Heck, when I first got the bike a year ago GEICO wanted $6,000!
deadhorse.gif

There are far too many idiots crashing these bikes it seems. My old Ducati 916 only cost $1,200 for full coverage. Then again, it's rear spindle did fail leading to a wheel falling off at 40 mph,lol.

So with a perfect record, over 25, riding several years and so forth I am still paying $1,200 for insurance per year. This is everything except my fault collision, that would be $3,600. Heck, when I first got the bike a year ago GEICO wanted $6,000!  
deadhorse.gif

There are far too many idiots crashing these bikes it seems. My old Ducati 916 only cost $1,200 for full coverage. Then again, it's rear spindle did fail leading to a wheel falling off at 40 mph,lol.
Get a quote from State Farm. They have some of the best rates going for a busa. I pay $43 a month for full coverage.

gsxcite do you have any other insurance with state farm or just the busa? im 31 i pay 600 a year with dixie land but not full coverage i have theft and liability. id like to have full covrage for 600 lol.. i have practically perfect driving record. no tickets in over 10 years.

26 here w/ full coverage and $250 deduct. Under $30 a month with State Farm. I also have my house, wife's bike, both my trucks, and my wife's car on there, too......So I may have a discount, lol.

I got the bike when I was 24. At the time this bike was the only thing I had with State Farm. Even then It was only $800 a year or so with $250 deductible.

Call State Farm. It will be worth your time....

Not sure what State Farm is here in Texas, I use Formost (Farmers. I have been with them (with my Busa) for 4 years now and each time I get renewed it drops some. Right now I am under $900.00 per year full coverage. If you get a lower rate with State Farm PM me and let me know how you come out.

Michigan 40 years old great record 1300.00 a year progressive full coverage some say they found it for less I cannot find the same deal

My insurance was running me 3600 a year thank god I just paid off the bike, now I use my Scorpio alarm, and a roadlock.

state farm $25 month
all bikes past and present were about $20 a month, Gold Wing, ZX11, Vmax, Harley etc.
Trick is -- no medical.

Michigan 40 years old great record 1300.00 a year progressive full coverage some say they found it for less I cannot find the same deal
That's about where I'm at. I've got Progressive, State Farm doesn't even come close to their rate unless I want to insure my house and autos with them.

yea, state farm must like texas, $60 a month full cov.
but i just totaled my busa and they gave me $10k for an 05
thumb_up.gif

of course idk what's gonna happen when i get another bike
wowold.gif

In Delaware, State Farm won't cover just a motorcycle. I have Dairyland (which was cheaper...BY FAR from anyone else) I was paying....with 2 tickets (they said they don't go by points, and if you have more than 3 tickets, or 1 for more than 15 mph over, they won't cover you) no credit, and married, I use to pay $210.00 down, then $190.00 a month, for 10 months. This was BEFORE I reported it stolen. They found it 8 days later.

Now $570.00 down, and $270.00 a month, for the next 10 months......Full coverage.
guns.gif

Nationwide $330yr liability..$1200 full...I just have liability,figure if someone hits me i'll be happy to just be alive!!

state farm will only insure a bike if you also have at least a car with them also, BUT you can remove the car later and keep the bike with them if you find cheaper car insurance [as i did].

41 years old, no tickets or points, FULL coverage= $40 a month, even cheaper if paid in full for the year.

1440/year (120/month) state farm. 20 y/o, one ticket on record, no other pollicies with them under my name, no medical. But that is the cheapest I could find it for. There were a few I looked at that were over 3000/year

Back