Insurance Quote Anomaly.

Getn off

Registered
image.png
this post is not intended to debate the multi faceted magic that goes into insurance quotes, but rather tell a story of what happened to me yesterday.
I purchased another sled, a leftover 2014 Interceptor. Loved my last one (06) and wanted another to tool around on. Stole it btw for $5399 plus only tax! Temp reg to get it back to FL.
I call my Allstate agent to get a couple quotes. Had a chance to get a leftover '11( yes, honest!) cbr1000rr, so I got a quote to add this to my policy. Currently M109R and 13 Busa, full coverage. It was only another $138 per year, which I thougt was reasonable.
Next I asked about the vfr. She plugs in the numbers and then sighs loudly and even said, wow. I thought, crap! She tells me that adding another bike actually dropped my current rate by $40 per year! As a reference, I pay $938 here in FL. I know that I get a multiple bike discount, but a multi-multi bike discount?! I'll take it!
I did purchase the Interceptorand fly out in the morning to ride her home 1850 miles! Could ship it, but looking forward to the pain!
Anyway, I had never heard of adding a vehicle to an already multi auto policy and get a reduction...could be the Russians.
Troy

Not supposed to use dlr pics, but that is all I have untill tomorrow!

I get multiple bike from geico. With just two bikes you won't epically if you have two listed riders on policy . My wife / I are listed . with 3 bikes we get the disscount . With only two bikes we don't.

I have Allstate as well. Not wanting to do a commercial for them but... I have everything with them. House, a couple cars, an
enclosed trailer, and 3 bikes. A Gixxer, a Busa and a Harley. Bundle discounts with then really bring down the cost.
I had an issue with the Busa early this Spring. This is still ongoing because of medical bills. But I have no complaints
about how things have been taken care of. The person that hit me was with Progressive. Without going into detail. After
seeing how they handle a claim when their driver is at fault. I don't think I would consider them no matter what the price of
coverage was.

I get multiple bike from geico. With just two bikes you won't epically if you have two listed riders on policy . My wife / I are listed . with 3 bikes we get the disscount . With only two bikes we don't.

Just me listed. I was told that I had the multi bike discount when I originally added them. Not gonna search too hard!
Troy

Back