Insurance is going to total my bike need info

CraZyNOTRT

Registered
so allstate (the other drivers insurance) called me today and said more then likely they are going to total my bike. i still owe $7,600 on my B-king, and for some stupid reason i dont see anything about GAP insurance on my bill of sale. (which is odd i dont remember turning it down).
the B-king was my daily driver, I took damn good care of my bike. oil changes every 4k miles. The bike has 38k miles, and only thing wrong with the bike was the seats were starting to get worn out, but a wash and wax she looked like a show room bike.

What should be a fair market value be?
nadaguide says low retail $6,380 and high retail $8,400
only after market stuff i had on the bike was, clear clutch cover, Sorpio I900 sercurity alarm, suzuki carbon fiber gas cap/console protector, and immortal graphix carbon fiber tank pad protector and oes frame sliders. I have receipts for almost every thing. Thanks to paypal. Bike also has 2 year factory warranty remaining and 2 year tire and rim warranty left on the bike.

if insurance low balls me, should I keep the bike and part it out? call my insurance to get them involved? or call my uncle that is a insurance lawyer?

Determine fair market value, add the expenses for the upgrades u added and use that figure to come up with a number u feel entitled to. Of course they will low ball you, dont take it personal, and when they do thats when u counter offer. Offers could go back and forth a few times but you should be able to feel them out and recognize the point when they have reached the max the are willing to settle 4. Good luck. I have been through it twice, stand ur ground and u will do ok.

Back