Insurance in Ontario?

I will have to get creative, register in USA or Quebec?
Ontario has just made the BUSA public enemy #1
It is really impossible to start a policy no question of how much... the answer is NO

I will have to watch closely, I just got my pink slips a week ago too...

I did check my policy cost and it didn't go up from last year either....

I finally got ONE email from hayyabusa.org about the third or fourth reply on page one today!!!!!

I figured those who had insurance were keeping it close to their vests.

I still have the original offer on the table stated in my opening thread. The part I left out was that I’m with or now was with Aviva through Dalton Timmins since 2014 when State Farm was sold. The new owners Desjardins, dropped the Busa forcing me to seek another insurer and that became Aviva through Dalton Timmins.

I have an accident on the Busa. A woman in her 60’s gets a case of road rage and tries to run me over. In four separate brake release increments. We are in the middle of major traffic and she turns her wheels towards me and releases her brakes. She first knocks me off my bike but I’m still holding it u. Then another increment, climbs onto my bikes rear tire. All the while I’m still holding it up. Stupid. Yes. I should of just walked away. Or ran!! Third and fourth increments her front tire has all but ripped off my license plate installed on my axle and pushed up my exhaust. I’m still holding the bike up with my right knee under the tank and both hands holding the bars. The left side of my bike never touched the ground. Light that we were at turned green and amid heavy traffic turned her wheels to the right, got off my bike and booked it. I lifted my bike, put it on the kickstand, grabbed my phone out of my back pocket and took several pictures of her vehicle. The officer who showed up on the scene said the one picture that counted was the one I got of her face in the drivers side rear view mirror. Clear plate shots as well and witnesses stuck around and corroborated with my account of what happened.

She was found a week later and charged. I suffered several injuries, both shoulders, a testicle, twisted left ankle and lower back. Just had surgery number on one on one of my shoulders. Three screws, then my bicep let go and it had to be retrieved.

My Busa suffered substantial damage and they were going to write it off but I had a friend intervene and got paid out. Had the bike properly repaired. I continued my coverage with the same company for over two and a half years. Didn’t ride it until one of my doctors showed up on her bike with having run the idea past my attorney and I went for my first ride a year and half later or so.

On the day of my first surgery Aviva/Dalton Timmins leave me a voicemail and send me a registered letter cancelling my insurance because they now claimed my Busa was written off. They actually cancelled it. Luckily I own more then one bike and didn’t lose my three decades of having motorcycle insurance.

The unfortunate part is that the Dalton Timmins adjusters used email as their form of communication. I’m still recovering, but the cancellation will be dealt with. I recently went to the MTO and said I lost my Busa ownerships. This is three years later. I got an ownership. Clear title.

Meanwhile, I’ve lost almost everything I own. Lost a relationship. Brand new house and shop on acreage. My dogs. They stayed with the ex. I’m living with friends who are well off enough to pay for everything I need as the insurer pays next to nothing or wait eight months to pay back for braces that I needed for my shoulder. I’m on so many drugs now that it’s almost a meal. I’ve had to sell two of my sleds and more will likely have to go. Quads, motorcycles, trailers etc....

The situation is so bad that my attorney finally had to set up a protected account for me to get physiotherapy six months after my surgery. I have a script from the surgeon that states physiotherapy is to start on week eight yet, the insurer ignores it and denies treatment.

I have more private investigators following me around that I thought existed. Caught them on my cameras at the house I used to live at a lot. Have it all saved for a later date.

Complete nightmare boys. Beware.

Thank you very much yellow09. Appreciate the sentiment.

Chevy, do you know if the price drops with more vehicle additions?

I’m not riding this summer but am not losing my insurance company made up status rule of three decades having motorcycle insurance to starting as a new rider after taking one year off without. As idiotic as that sounds it is the insurance companies world we live in.

Please excuse my leading this thread off topic. I still would appreciate any input from members to find that one insurer who may offer the touring insurance rate we Busa owners should be getting.

Thank you for the input so far. There are a few avenues suggested that I will be pursuing.

Are there independent insurance agents where you are? These people tend to not have a vested interest in a particular company, and can have access to plans that are sponsored by the big companies but which are a different brand name. The plan can be cheaper, have excellent coverage, and not be particularly profitable, but is offered independently to increase the big company's market share.

I always think back to my '86 Katana (with the flip up headlight) and the time I couldn't get insurance for it because Suzuki in their infinite wisdom slapped a super sport brand on it. I called my insurance provider and asked if they wanted a picture of the bike because it is far from a super sport...

I finally got insurance with Jevco who later went through several different companies, almost every year I'd get a pink slip with some other companies letter head on the top...

The Busa is the first bike I bought which I called around to see IF I could get insurance before I bought it.

Thank you very much yellow09. Appreciate the sentiment.

Chevy, do you know if the price drops with more vehicle additions?

I’m not riding this summer but am not losing my insurance company made up status rule of three decades having motorcycle insurance to starting as a new rider after taking one year off without. As idiotic as that sounds it is the insurance companies world we live in.

Please excuse my leading this thread off topic. I still would appreciate any input from members to find that one insurer who may offer the touring insurance rate we Busa owners should be getting.

Thank you for the input so far. There are a few avenues suggested that I will be pursuing.

Yes, for every piece of business you bring them you get extra discounts.

Clean record and Desjardins who bought State Farm offered me $1638.00 per year, comprehensive. $2048 full coverage. This is for a 2003 Busa!!?? Insurance companies have lost their minds! I should add that I’ve had insurance since the day I bought it in ‘03. Have four other motorcycles to insure. Can’t go without my Busa. I live in Ontario in the Barrie area.

Anyone with valid advice on other companies would be greatly appreciated. I’ll move vehicles house whatever to lower that premium.

Thanks!
Hey Speed. I live in Toronto I just got my renewal from TD for my 2003 Busa. $2100. I'm 58 with a clean record. Crazy. Do you know where I can find cheaper rates?

I live in Toronto I just got my renewal from TD for my 2003 Busa. $2100. I'm 58 with a clean record. Crazy. Do you know where I can find cheaper rates?

Ok shits getting real... I can't insure a BUSA in Ontario
I'm 60 years old, clean record, have had continuous insurance for over 20 years
Motorcycle licence for 42 years - no claims

As soon as I mention 2001 GSXR1300 the reaction is poppencorken mit spitzen sparken
Like an Assault Bazooka Weapon System - WTF?

Anyone in the USA or Quebec want to donate an address to get insurance for Ontarians?
What's the reason for this??? Wtf????

Clean record and Desjardins who bought State Farm offered me $1638.00 per year, comprehensive. $2048 full coverage. This is for a 2003 Busa!!?? Insurance companies have lost their minds! I should add that I’ve had insurance since the day I bought it in ‘03. Have four other motorcycles to insure. Can’t go without my Busa. I live in Ontario in the Barrie area.

Anyone with valid advice on other companies would be greatly appreciated. I’ll move vehicles house whatever to lower that premium.

Thanks!
I just insured my 2014 anniversary Busa for $810 with TD this morning

Back