Insurance in Ontario?

Speed

Registered
Clean record and Desjardins who bought State Farm offered me $1638.00 per year, comprehensive. $2048 full coverage. This is for a 2003 Busa!!?? Insurance companies have lost their minds! I should add that I’ve had insurance since the day I bought it in ‘03. Have four other motorcycles to insure. Can’t go without my Busa. I live in Ontario in the Barrie area.

Anyone with valid advice on other companies would be greatly appreciated. I’ll move vehicles house whatever to lower that premium.

Thanks!

I am with The Personal (for 29 yrs now) and pay $750 a year full coverage on a 2009 Busa. The person I was talking to called the underwriter to get me the quote I got due to how long I was with the company. I don't know if just anyone can get insurance through the Personal though.

But yes, insurance companies are out of control.

Dalton Timmis gave me just under 1700.00 full coverage but they also got two vehicles and my house. Just the bike alone was 2500. In the Milton area. Buddy of mine got more or less the same price for his and he's up your direction UI

I’m near Lindsay Ontario, my 2010 is around $1400, minimum legal coverage. And I am clean record 44yrs old riding for 20. You are not alone. Yet my buddy with a B-king has full coverage at just $180/year because his insurance has it. As a “standard” not “sport bike”.

I can tell you that it is the same in BC. Lowest percentage - no extras and basic ICBC (which is mandatory!) cover is 850 dollars for 6 months!

I am with The Personal (for 29 yrs now) and pay $750 a year full coverage on a 2009 Busa. The person I was talking to called the underwriter to get me the quote I got due to how long I was with the company. I don't know if just anyone can get insurance through the Personal though.

I assume you dont have to be with ICBC in ontario?

Holy crap guys come to Quebec i pay one way insurance (if my fault the other's vehicle is fully repaired, i pay for my own repairs)with a 2 million responsibility included (would i perchance burn a building with my Busa in a crash) :race: for 228$ per year i could get full coverage for less than 600$ :welcome:to Quebec.
Mind you that price depends on your driving record the better it is the less you pay, and lots of competition between insurance companies to get clients.

Holy crap guys come to Quebec i pay one way insurance (if my fault the other's vehicle is fully repaired, i pay for my own repairs)with a 2 million responsibility included (would i perchance burn a building with my Busa in a crash) :race: for 228$ per year i could get full coverage for less than 600$ :welcome:to Quebec.
Mind you that price depends on your driving record the better it is the less you pay, and lots of competition between insurance companies to get clients.

Yeah but the downside is you have to live in quebec...:poke:

With all our potholes and us french Quebeckers :beerchug:
I agree , still price is dam good here. driving here on the other hand yuk, much prefer the rest of Canada, no potholes every 30feet.

I assume you dont have to be with ICBC in ontario?

Safe to assume that the Insurance Company of British Columbia isn't an option in Ontario. :poke::D

When I was out in the Ottawa area, I found that State Farm was the cheapest option although TD insurance was supposed to be a decent up-and-coming option. Of course that was over 6 years ago now...

ICBC is a total scam and even though their rates are similar (or slightly less with the 43% discount) to private insurers in Ontario, any monopoly is just bad news for consumers. Especially one that acts as a cash machine for the province when they run short and then expect ICBC customers to pay back the money the government withdrew (read: stole). Total bullsh/t. :redface:

/rant

Safe to assume that the Insurance Company of British Columbia isn't an option in Ontario. :poke::D

When I was out in the Ottawa area, I found that State Farm was the cheapest option although TD insurance was supposed to be a decent up-and-coming option. Of course that was over 6 years ago now...

ICBC is a total scam and even though their rates are similar (or slightly less with the 43% discount) to private insurers in Ontario, any monopoly is just bad news for consumers. Especially one that acts as a cash machine for the province when they run short and then expect ICBC customers to pay back the money the government withdrew (read: stole). Total bullsh/t. :redface:

/rant
Smarty here eh...lol.
I never asked myself what icbc actually means...thx for teaching!

I have been with the Personal 32 years and they just refused my insurance...clean 5 year record, no way. They have my cars and dirt bike and had my K1200RS no issues

Ok shits getting real... I can't insure a BUSA in Ontario
I'm 60 years old, clean record, have had continuous insurance for over 20 years
Motorcycle licence for 42 years - no claims

As soon as I mention 2001 GSXR1300 the reaction is poppencorken mit spitzen sparken
Like an Assault Bazooka Weapon System - WTF?

Anyone in the USA or Quebec want to donate an address to get insurance for Ontarians?

I have been with the Personal 32 years and they just refused my insurance...clean 5 year record, no way. They have my cars and dirt bike and had my K1200RS no issues

:eek:

I just got my new pink slips in the mail from the Personal....hopefully I don't get a letter telling me the same thing....

Damn insurance companies......

Back