Insurance in CA

tomnrott

Registered
I need some help. I just bought my 2005 Busa on friday and got a quote of $2,700 today from Foremost Insurance. I called AIS and they said about the same. I have seen a lot of cheaper rates posted on this website in the past.

In CA who are you guys going with for insurance?

Are you getting full coverage?

If not, what kind of coverages are you getting and with what deductibles?

A quick response would be greatly appreciated.

well i live in sacramento CA i'am 24, statefarm $333 evry 6 months full coverage. but i got cut off today and went down. all good just sore. oh thats a 2003 busa

600 a year. 100 comp, 200 collision deductibles. 25k/50k full coverage. that's my rate w/ only one vehicle with allstate. however, they don't do cycle insurance anymore.

try to find other companies that go by the 'value' of the bike instead of the 'type' of bike and the rates should be lower.

good luck!

Greyrocket, sorry to hear that!

Thanks to those who got back to me.  I am going to check with Farmers tomorrow.

<!--EDIT|tomnrott
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111030403 -->

well i live in sacramento CA i'am 24, statefarm $333 evry 6 months full coverage. but i got cut off today and went down. all good just sore. oh thats a 2003 busa
OUCH! Your kidding, u went down today? what happened? Hope u is OK brah...

OK for rates ... when u get full coverage YOU PAY THROUGH THE NOSE!

The bike only cost' $12K but you pay like it's a Corvette!

I have progressive again this year but am looking at alternatives.

1st off if you can afford it, buy your bike cash or private funding ...Next best choice is to get funding thru a signature loan or home eqtuiy, family ... you are paying insurance that cost 1/4 the cost of the whole bike! That's like paying $7000 per year for your new suv insurance! Now once you get financing that doesnt require FULL COVERAGE shop for best rates even if you go with liability/comprehensive only ( like I have ) You will be covered for * Theft, fire, Vandalism, damage to other vehicles and /or people and even if animals create a hazard and you crash... dogs...deer... you are covered. Only your busa is not covered if you crash and it's your fault.

That is what I have and my premium is $583 for the whole year. In Calif.

sHOP AROUND, SHOP AROUND, SHOP-SHOP, SHOP AROUND!

So try a www.Progressive.com quote
or
McGraw
or try 1-800-9BIKERS
OR
https://www.insurancetracker.com/applications/app_auto.html

Good luck - K

yeah i'am good just a little sore front left shoulder. thank you joe rocket. some ##### cut me off and sent me to a curb. front wheel is gone hole left side body parts scraped up. nailed the oil case so all my oil went out to the street. broke the clutch lever. it should be new in 2-3 weeks. but i'am thinking of selling it too many dumb shits where i live.

oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh rocket, sorry to hear that, glad your OK. My thoughts, dont make any sudden decisions, you may wanna climb back on the beast...

If you do decide to sell post up here, these guys have been great! :42"

yeah thank Hawaiibusa. yeah love the power and air. its the dam cars. yeah i'am going to give it some time if i decide to sell the bike at this tiime i'am 50/50 i'am sure over time with no busa iwill want it again.

Try State Farm
wink.gif

Whatever you do, avoid Progressive like the plague. They are a complete ripoff, as far as I'm concerned.

State Farm is the way to go, frankly.

--Wag--

USAA is good for military (current/former). I have it for my bike, in NC but like 500/6months but have high coverage rates (500k/1M)
wow.gif

First off, if you dont want to be raped stay FAR away from Progressive and McGraw Hill. I have no idea why they sponsor superbike when their insurance rates are so crazy for sportbikes. I was getting quotes in the $1200-$3000 a year range. Screw that. I live in the Modesto area in Cali. Hope this helps.

Try these.....

State Farm - I believe you have to have a car or house ins. too with them. They dont do bike alone. last I remembered.
Call local branch.

Farmers - same as State Farm. Call local branch for quote.

Hope this gets ya going. WR

Triple AAA - they now ins. bikes. Call local branch.

Rider Ins. by GMAC - The car finance people do ins. now. I have a great rate through them on my 12R which ins. costs more than my Busa. 1-800-847-2886

Liability legal limits only.

$131 every 6 months. Its not worth paying full coverage for me.

Zip code seems to have a lot to do with CA insurance companies.

Thanks again to all that had some input.

AAA gave me a great quote and I am filling out the paperwork.

Full coverage $800 year.

Back