Insurance for your busa?

USAA - about $400/yr for full coverage, $50 deductible includes theft/fire/collision, etc

Trick is, I'm grandfathered in so unless you have had bikes with them in the past, they won't insure them directly anymore:( I also get a dividend check each year from them :whistle: :thumbsup:

USAA - about $400/yr for full coverage, $50 deductible includes theft/fire/collision, etc

Trick is, I'm grandfathered in so unless you have had bikes with them in the past, they won't insure them directly anymore:( I also get a dividend check each year from them :whistle: :thumbsup:

forget them for motorcycle.. i had my gs and a s-40 with them when i started looking for my busa.. they would not take in a "new" bike so they refered me to progressive.. and they still wanted to rape me on another bike.. so i ditched both of them for statefarm..

and i just moved my policy over from el paso tx to north county san diego and the S**T whet up 100 bucks every 6months. so now its 344 every 6 for full coverage 500 duc..

I have Progressive through USAA. Butt-raped for $170/month on the Busa and a Ninja 250 (that was $200 a year here in FL, previously, before being joined in with the Busa when I bought it.)

157 for all three bikes a Month. Lot's of Tickets and Collision Only on the Busa. Man that is a Hard Bike to insure with tickets. :moon:

Man tell me. I pay 980 a year full cov. through Heartford AARP. I have 2 speeding tickest and one for following to close and at the age of 52, Its a joke what they charge for ins. on one of these thing but what can we do. We love our busa's and we must ride right! I am going to be looking for something cheeper after Christmas

Last edited:
i pay 88 bucks a month in Philadelphia for FULL coverage with State Farm.. everyone else.. Progressive, All State, Erie was like 4k per year... Good luck

Lucky buggers...Ontario, Canada. 50 years old riding since I was 16. No accidents/tickets/claims. Full coverage 2007 Busa - $1485/year. There is only one company that will touch it. My son, 16 years old, new driver - plpd only $2800/year on a CBR125 - we paid $2350 for the bike!

You're not alone... 40 years old, no tickets/claims for 10+ years, just liability and fire/theft/vandalism on my '01 'Busa is $1560/yr through State Farm. We get it rough up the :moon: here in Canada.

I have Progressive through USAA. Butt-raped for $170/month on the Busa and a Ninja 250 (that was $200 a year here in FL, previously, before being joined in with the Busa when I bought it.)

yeah I'm still direct with USAA. They said they wouldn't cover the bike here in NY so its still insured in NC. if/when I get a new bike I will likely wind up with SF or others if USAA jerks me around. I've been a member for 20yrs and have a ton insured, invested/banking with them so perhaps that counts too. No clue how it all works, certainly not loyal enough to stay if they get too $$$

i have just liability, 200.00 through progressive, for my busa, and i have 2 tickets that were about 3 yrs ago, so its driving my rates up with full coverage to almost 2k a year so i went with the liability till the tickets come off... that being said i just did my first 170mph straight, about a mile from my house... liked top peed my self on how quick it was.... ima try to push it to the max in the wee hours :)

Last edited:
I paid $2500 a year for full coverage with USAA Progressive. Switched to geico and only pay $1100 now. 26 years old married and get 4-5 tickets a year it seems.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
yeah I'm still direct with USAA. They said they wouldn't cover the bike here in NY so its still insured in NC. if/when I get a new bike I will likely wind up with SF or others if USAA jerks me around. I've been a member for 20yrs and have a ton insured, invested/banking with them so perhaps that counts too. No clue how it all works, certainly not loyal enough to stay if they get too $$$

Just make sure you get another bike before you sell that one or CALL and have them put in your file......"they WILL cover you under the old grandfather policy if you get another bike later!"

I was affraid of this because I waited a couple years to replace my 03 but they noted in my file that I called about it. I still have the old policy and CHEAP rates from before. :thumbsup:

If they made me switch to Progressive (current BS prices), I would pull ALL my stuff from them....

For those that have USAA and have been sent to Progressive, call and raise heck! If they won't lower the rates, STATE FARM is much cheaper than there current Progressive BS. The old rates are untouchable, the new ones are a complete joke! :banghead:

Back