insurance companys suck

darby ofool

Registered
i find it funny that insurance companys and some politions pushed for everyone to have insurance but yet half of the companys i talk to won't insure my bike. So i think that if they make us have insurace (which isn't bad by the way) that the insurance companys should have to insure us no matter what well now i'm vented  
cussing.gif

Insurance feels a lot like paying 'protection' money to the mob. Especially when it is mandatory.

evil.gif

What I love is companies that will insure you but at $4200 a year!! I made the choice to save up money to pay cash for a bike so now I pay $250 a year for insurance and pray no one steals it.

I am in Houston, TX, and I have had 2 nikes stolen in the last 10 months... My '00 Busa was stolen last July without insurance... Learned a lesson and insured the new Gixxer...

I put Kryptonite locks and chains all over it, and thought I was safe... WRONG! Came home last Wednesday and the NY Noose chain was cut and the bike was gone - disk locks and all...

As bad as the insurance companies are, these freakin' thieves leave us without a lot of options... If you opt not to carry theft insurance, get a paging alarm and don't let the bike out of your sight or the range of the alarm...

I am looking at alarms now, and I am probably going to go with the Scorpio pagaing alarm... If anyone knows anything better, please let me know...

I'm 46 with no tickets or accidents ever, (Knock on wood) and as I priced insurance. The quote I got from progressive made me mad. Online they quoted me $6743.00 after I played around with the deductibles I got it down to $5825.00 I couldn't believe this crap. They sent me an email saying thanks for an interest in there company and would only have to send them $2500 to start my insurance. I wrote them back and said only an idiot would buy insurance from a rip-off company like them. They wrote back saying something must be wrong with there online quote system and I should call there 1-800 number. All this did was gave me a chance to tell them on the phone how they were an embarassment to the whole of humanity as they told me they don't insure the Busa.
pissed.gif
After I shopped around I found insurance for $1468.00 a year. What a pain
biggrin.gif
Try Peter Lacsko at 1-888-883-1650 here in Florida. Hope this doesn't violate some add rule here on this Board.
idea.gif

Hey FATROD,

I am paying $820 a year full coverage $250 Ded in Tampa...31 Years old married clean record through USAA. Are you a Vet?
If not check into State Farm, there was a thread around here last month or so and it sounded like State Farm can and will really work for you...
I laughed my ass off when I called Progressive, I told the dipshit on the other end he must be F^#*in kidding me $6800 a year, not including much else, just basic full coverage. They are criminal, or at least delusional.
Be sure you report your usage as just for fun, keep it parked in doors, never ride on a full moon, take an MSF course, etc.
Good luck. But you should be able to find insurance for under $1000 a year.
Assuming you have a relatively clean record.

USAA is hard to beat - I'm lucky enough to qualify. State Farm might be the next best, but GO IN TO SEE YOUR LOCAL STATE FARM AGENT. A phone call will not get you the same rate.

USAA rocks! I am 41, single, no tickets, have a home/2trucks/2 bikes with them, The Busa is $420/yr Full Coverage @4000 miles/yr. I am not sure at what age it drops again for you but soon you will pay less than you do now.

USAF a long time ago, how about you guys?

I had a printout of my progressive quote back in 99 when i got my busa. Get this
lookaround.gif
they wanted 17,000 US DOLLARS TO INSURE A 12,000 motorcycle for a year. My agent framed that and put it on his wall for laughs.

Nationwide is the cheapest, call them for the 444.00 rate.
I swapped all my stuff to them. However I am married with no accidents and no tickets. They were the best.

smallbusa_003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey FATROD,

I am paying $820 a year full coverage $250 Ded in Tampa...31 Years old married clean record through USAA.  Are you a Vet?  
 If not check into State Farm, there was a thread around here last month or so and it sounded like State Farm can and will really work for you...
 I laughed my ass off when I called Progressive, I told the dipshit on the other end he must be F^#*in kidding me  $6800 a year, not including much else, just basic full coverage.  They are criminal, or at least delusional.
 Be sure you report your usage as just for fun, keep it parked in doors, never ride on a full moon, take an MSF course, etc.  
Good luck.  But you should be able to find insurance for under $1000 a year.  
I also have USAA and think it is a great company. I have had them for 13 years and when I was in Germany had a rash of fender benders and some stuff stolen out of my storage. USAA never blinked an eye and paid for everything. I don't even remember my rate going up much if at all. I am paying about the same rate but noticed that you mentioned a MSF course. Did you get a break on your ins with USAA with the MSF. Just wondering since I called and asked about it and the person on the other end said no but I just didn't like the way they said it (didn't sound sure) and wanted to check.

<span style='color:blue'></span>I am also with USAA. They did tell me that I could not get a break with their insurance for taking the MSF course. Overall, they seem to have the best rate going.

Hey FATROD,

I am paying $820 a year full coverage $250 Ded in Tampa...31 Years old married clean record through USAA.  Are you a Vet?  
 I laughed my ass off when I called Progressive, I told the dipshit on the other end he must be F^#*in kidding me  $6800 a year, not including much else, just basic full coverage.  They are criminal, or at least delusional.
Good luck.  But you should be able to find insurance for under $1000 a year.  
I also have USAA and think it is a great company. I have had them for 13 years and when I was in Germany had a rash of fender benders and some stuff stolen out of my storage. USAA never blinked an eye and paid for everything. I don't even remember my rate going up much if at all. I am paying about the same rate but noticed that you mentioned a MSF course. Did you get a break on your ins with USAA with the MSF. Just wondering since I called and asked about it and the person on the other end said no but I just didn't like the way they said it (didn't sound sure) and wanted to check.
I believe that they do give you a break for MSF but it isn't very significant. Some of the other insurers may give more.

Yeah I love USAA, I have been with them since I was 16 Under my folks policy, then as active duty. You have to love a company that treats you right and isn't in it for profit. Makes me feel better knowing I am not paying extra just to make more for the company. Thay have been real good to me as well. Last fender bender I was in...I got hit Tuesday, adjuster came to my work and left an estimate Wednesday, and I had a check on my table on Friday. Then they wen tafter the guy for damages. Cool...

USAA all the way if you can. $500 for six months full coverage on my FLHP Road King and my Busa. 42 and a clean record. Had to laugh, the Road King was just as expensive. $250 on each. I love this company. Never had them question anything I have claimed. Yup, new roof on the house after hail storm.

I must be getting away cheap. Through GMAC Riding Insurance----$419@yr for busa and $285@yr for Harley Ultra. Of course I am old as dirt and been riding forever......

When I got my insurance rate I went through Harley Davidson Insurance. Paying $235.00 year full cov for my '93 Hertiage and $1500.00 for the Busa. I about fell over when she told me that. I am 36 1 ticket though no accidents.Who is USAA ??

I am shopping around for insurance at the moment,
Progressive quoted me $9097, i turn 20 saturday, for full coverage and ~$450 for minimal , there has to be a better company out there. Im going to call a state farm agent tomarrow, Geico quote me 748 per year with coverage for bodily injury and 10k property damage.

Back