Insurance claim finally settled!

Zoinks!

Registered
Ok, so I finally got things settled with the insurance company today. I should be getting my check sometime either Monday or Tuesday. If anyone missed it and wants to catch up on what's been going on, here's a link to my other thread. And Zoinks goes down

Here's the latest...

So the last time they came back with just over $8000. Like $8047 or something like that. So I decided that was still about 800 less than what I really wanted, so I called my insurance back and asked what I should do and they said to go ahead and call the commissioner. He may not be able to do anything, but it's worth a try. So I called him and he said the only other thing we could do at this point is to take them to court. There would be 3 attorneys there, paid for by the county. We would present our research and argument and they would present theirs and the judge would make the ruling. The only problem with that is the time frame. He said the law states that it can't be more than 20 days from when you "put your name in" or whatever, but they don't really follow that.

So I went ahead and called to get some info and was told that the mid-year docket starts next week, so we were too late to get on that one, which meant the earliest we could get in the court room would be December. $800 wasn't worth that long of a wait to me, so I decided to call the supervisor of the guy I've been dealing with to try to get this thing settled. I called the guy I've been dealing with yesterday and left a message asking him to get his supervisor to call me. This morning I called the supervisor and left her a message, and then called back one more time about 3 and left another message. Finally about 5:00 she called back and after a little arguing we decided to go ahead and get this thing settled today and split the difference between what we wanted and it came out to $8412.68. When we first started this whole ordeal I was hoping for about $8500, so that's close enough for me to be able to get this thing settled and put to rest.

I just have to get them the papers they need from me. They already sent me a next day air envelope to send it back with, so I'll send that out tomorrow and they told me it's a 2 day turn around for the check, so I figure I should have it by Monday or Tuesday. I'm just glad it's finally all over with.

Thats cool, enjoy lol. Thats happen to me too. I'm still waiting mine, but is a little it more, lol :thumbsup::moon:

You should have said you were hurting and maybe you should see a doctor . then they may have been a little bit faster on settling with you

you should deffinetly buy it back ! I did on my wreck and made a couple grand on it !

They love taking your money in premiums but have a hard time giving it out.

It was the other guy's fault, so I was dealing with his insurance company.

Looks like it only has cosmetic damage. How much is the buy back price?

It's around $7000 in damage. I didn't ask about the buy back. Even if I bought it back it would still be until I'm done with school before I could put it back together and that's when I plan on buying another one anyway. So I'm just not gonna worry about it. I'll buy another one later.

Now it's time to get a gen II. :thumbsup:

I'm not getting another one right now. It just costs too much money to keep the bike on the road. Between insurance, $75 oil changes, $400 sets of tires, and everything else, it just doesn't make sense right now. I'm going to take about half of the money and do a little work to the mustang and take the rest and put it toward school bills. I'll get another bike when I'm done with school and am working full time again. I'll still check in on the board and I'll still be as many bashes as I can. I'll just be in the car.

I'm not getting another one right now. It just costs too much money to keep the bike on the road. Between insurance, $75 oil changes, $400 sets of tires, and everything else, it just doesn't make sense right now. I'm going to take about half of the money and do a little work to the mustang and take the rest and put it toward school bills. I'll get another bike when I'm done with school and am working full time again. I'll still check in on the board and I'll still be as many bashes as I can. I'll just be in the car.
So when you show up at the bash, You can drive Michelle around in your mustang! :whistle:

congrats on getting close to what you set out for...also, way to set your priorities (education) and move forward...take care of the necessities and set yourself up to be able to play even more later :beerchug:

congrats on getting close to what you set out for...also, way to set your priorities (education) and move forward...take care of the necessities and set yourself up to be able to play even more later :beerchug:

Exactly what I was thinking. Couldn't have said it any better myself. :beerchug: Sound advice.

That's what the plan is. I want to get out of school with as little debt as possible. I wanna be the guy with just an average sized house and lots and lots of toys. :laugh:

Back