Instrument Panel Questions

V-Max 2 Busa

Registered
Is the milage stored in the instrument panel?

Are the instrument panels very difficult to change? (remove & reinstall)

You found a piece that wasn't broke? Bet it will make ya itch and scratch for a couple of weeks though. :poke:

Russ, now that was funny!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Your right though, gonna steam that sucker before I touch anything on it, I'm gonna toss my couch also, keeps reinfecting my arms, no rash just skin irritation with a hellacious itch, man that is one super nasty plant.

You found a piece that wasn't broke? Bet it will make ya itch and scratch for a couple of weeks though. :poke:

Started tearing down the wrecked Busa yesterday without steaming or even washing it first, guess who's got a mild case of poison oak rash on both arms (again).

Pretty easy change out on the instrument panel, now getting the front cowl back on is a bit of a different story, took me quite a bit longer than 3o minutes but what I like about doing stuff like this is that it allows me to get a little more familiar with the bike I am riding. Found something very interesting with cowl removal, previous owner took the bike to stealership to have Heli-Bars "professionally mounted" (his words not mine). It would appear that the dealership's highly qualified service technician took a hack saw blade from the top, behind the top triple tree to cut off a wiring clamp/holder, cut into the backside of the triple tree and left a jagged piece of metal to have it's way with the wires that go to the controls on the bars not to mention they put about 3 twists in each of those wire clusters, why? Just amazing.

Back