Instrument panel light brightness

wreckwriter

Donating Member
Registered
Owner's manual says to push sel button and brightness adjustments will come up. Mine just switches between odometer and trip counters. What am I doing wrong? I want to make the lights as bright as possible. Can't see the panel well through my transitions shield during daylight. I don't ride at night very often.

I was never aware that any gen2's had that feature, and I know that my 08 did not.
Scottsbluegages is now unfortunately out of business, but they offered that as a remote option, they added a wire and dial switch to the cluster.
I would love to know if any other business has picked up where they left off, as I would love to change the colors and add a dimmer to my '03 gsxr1000.
The color change is simply soldering different color leds on the board, but I don't know the correct way to calibrate the tach needle on reassembly.

I was never aware that any gen2's had that feature, and I know that my 08 did not.
Scottsbluegages is now unfortunately out of business, but they offered that as a remote option, they added a wire and dial switch to the cluster.
I would love to know if any other business has picked up where they left off, as I would love to change the colors and add a dimmer to my '03 gsxr1000.
The color change is simply soldering different color leds on the board, but I don't know the correct way to calibrate the tach needle on reassembly.
20230116_100416.jpg

I didn't doubt you, and the gsxr's have this feature after 2015(possibly the previous 09-14 model, but I cannot remember).
I am positive that early gen2's, at least the non abs models did not have this feature. I also never heard of it as an update on later models.
Hopefully someone else can confirm.
I will now have to see if my '09 has this just out of curiosity

I didn't doubt you, and the gsxr's have this feature after 2015(possibly the previous 09-14 model, but I cannot remember).
I am positive that early gen2's, at least the non abs models did not have this feature. I also never heard of it as an update on later models.
Hopefully someone else can confirm.
I don't doubt you, my efforts seem to prove your point. Seems odd that the manual has a whole paragraph that is completely BS.

I will now have to see if my '09 has this just out of curiosity

I sent my 08 guages to Scott's way back when, to have them changed from orange to blue(which they did an excellent job).
I later asked about a dimmer, and he confirmed that at that time, the gen2 did not have one, but that he could add one.

I think the guy whose job it was to proofread the manual should be fired!

I think there needs to be a house cleaning at Suzuki anyway, just based on non-addressed gen3 problems alone.
But, idiots are everywhere.
One of the newer 'mechanical engineers' where I work(a job posted at $80k a yr) didn't know what an allen wrench was...I sh*t you not.
The dumbass should've been fired on the spot.

I think there needs to be a house cleaning at Suzuki anyway, just based on non-addressed gen3 problems alone.
But, idiots are everywhere.
One of the newer 'mechanical engineers' where I work(a job posted at $80k a yr) didn't know what an allen wrench was...I sh*t you not.
The dumbass should've been fired on the spot.
Agreed

Owner's manual says to push sel button and brightness adjustments will come up.

I found this referenced in 2008. This brightness setting is merely for the shift light and not the entire display. The old thread adds the detail that the bike should be in neutral, and the select button held while the key is turned on.

I just did it on my 2017. Note at the bottom of the display the "ooooo" is indicating the current setting of the brightness. As I repeatedly hit select it toggled back through this status, although I am unsure after rebooting the bike if this shows during normal operation, or just within the editing mode.

008_resize.jpg

I found this referenced in 2008. This brightness setting is merely for the shift light and not the entire display. The old thread adds the detail that the bike should be in neutral, and the select button held while the key is turned on.

I just did it on my 2017. Note at the bottom of the display the "ooooo" is indicating the current setting of the brightness. As I repeatedly hit select it toggled back through this status, although I am unsure after rebooting the bike if this shows during normal operation, or just within the editing mode.

View attachment 1660814
Yes, I followed the same thread and set up my shift light.

View attachment 1660814

Yes!!
I remember that now! lol

Back