Instructions in pictures.

newman

Registered
Been trying to fit my TomTom sat nav to the Busa, if you look at the instructions which are all in pictures it says take off a bit of your clutch clamp but if you do the screws are to long look at the pic and you can see you keep the bit on then it fits, took me ages to work this out. Well I didn't work it out myself Lynne did.:whistle:

Sorry here is a pic.

100_1727.jpg

Can you post a pic of that GPS mount from standing behind the bike? I'd like to see the tank and both bars with the mount attached.

I have seen that mount setup online, but never on a bike.

How can that possibly fit under the windscreen when turned to the right? Or are you only allowed to go straight? :laugh:

I had that bracket and as GsxrBots said it hit the wind screen when I turned the bars and if I adjusted it far enough out it would hit the tank bag. I took the bracket to work and turned it on a lathe so it would fit in the spindle and locked it with a setscrew works much better. I don't know how to link my previous post but if you search spindle I think you will find it and the picture I posted.

It seems OK to me, I just done it so I could see the screen of the satnav and have had no problems turning or anything. There are two adjuster-ball ball joints on it and I just mucked about with them until it seemed alright.

Legion just looked at your post, when you got your ball joint thing was it a square plastic clamp which screwed on to your clutch clamp, I don't know why it hit your wind screen when you turned, but maybe it could hit a tank bag, as I have not got one I don't know.

I had the exact same mount the only difference was I tried mounting it on the right. I could adjust it so it would miss the wind screen but then it would interfere with the tank bang. Just worked out for me better mounting it in the center spindle.

Im after something similar for my Android Desire but the only mount clamps that Ive managed to find on Ebay are 1.5" wide and theres not enough room at that size. Once mounted Im going to fit speakers inside my lid and use an FiiO headphone amp to ensure that I can hear the sat nav properly.

Back