Instead of Riding Saturday

awesome video... must have punched through the side of a cloud huh?

that feeling of flying is something else... most students go tandem or AFF to their certificate now? dang we had to go old school... 4-5 SL, hop n pop and then 5 second intervals up to 60 seconds.. was really fun however because each step brought new sensations.. Head gear has come a long ways since the leather cap and jocky goggles.. :laugh:

you could be official jump master for org members and give us a smokin deal right? :laugh:

th898.gif
you would never get me out the door of the plane until the wheels were on the ground.
thaaaaaaconfused0068.gif

Good vid
th3202.gif

Must say it is an incredible feeling! Can't speak from a lot of experience as I have only done 1 tandem, but I really didn't want to go back to static line (had to though). It's a definite rush! :thumbsup:

Awesome vid! I just did my 5th AFF jump yesterday! I failed "C1" twice before I finally passed it on my 3rd try yesterday. I kept having problems with my leg position. But on the 3rd try I finally figured it out and stayed stable the entire way with out the instructors holding on to me!!!! They went ahead and moved me up to "D1".

Now Friday I will make my first jump with only one instructor and quite frankly im a little nervous about that! lol

:beerchug:

Relax...you are jumping at a really good DZ with good staff and a turbine; i.e., you can do plenty in one day. When I first started jumping, I had a problem with a left hand spin; it was my feet. Sometimes it helps just to kick your feet together briefly to see if they are lined up (your instructor will tell you on debrief). It will come, to the point that you don't even think about it (a cat knows naturally - toss one in the air upside down and it will flip over and land on it's feet every time - but a human has to learn it). Just work on staying stable and maintaining a heading in a relaxed body position, and do a correct waveoff and pull at the proper altitude (stable or not). Soon you will be learning how to track. Then, what's REALLY gonna freak you out is when your coach flys down to you in freefall and grabs you, and you are still trying to figure out how the heck he did that - one of the guys I jumped with this weekend was the first person to ever touch me in freefall - 18 years ago - and I still remember it to this day ENJOY BLUE SKIES! :thumbsup:

awesome video... must have punched through the side of a cloud huh?

that feeling of flying is something else... most students go tandem or AFF to their certificate now? dang we had to go old school... 4-5 SL, hop n pop and then 5 second intervals up to 60 seconds.. was really fun however because each step brought new sensations.. Head gear has come a long ways since the leather cap and jocky goggles.. :laugh:

you could be official jump master for org members and give us a smokin deal right? :laugh:

I am a Static Line "I" (Instructor); I keep my rating because it's a pain in the tail to renew if you let it expire, but I don't teach very often anymore.

And no, we didn't punch the cloud (but went pretty close beside it); we made a second pass at altitude because the spot was clouded over the first pass. I couldn't get you much of a deal, but I'd go with you!

man... just that rushing distorted wind sound of that video and the memories come flooding back. BEST SPORT I ever did in my life EVER! I miss it and I will probably do it again.

Great video! I've never jumped in clouds, always wanted to though. Thanks for sharing

was yoru camera guy doing heads down dive in the final part? did he punch through a cloud? moisture all over the lens

was yoru camera guy doing heads down dive in the final part? did he punch through a cloud? moisture all over the lens

No, not head down. Picture the camera is parallel to his head/line of sight; so when he's lying flat and looking down, the camera points straight down. Usually when you cross into the more humid layer of air closer to the ground (maybe 3K and below on average) you lens will fog up sometimes. Remember, it's alot dryer and cooler at higher altitude, going from that zone to the humid zone will almost always fog lenses this time of year.

what a terrible itch jumping out of airplanes is to scratch.. :laugh: busa, track days, flying and then jumping again.. sheesh... might be glad I lost my log book at this point..

I have to be REALLLY Good to my wife - she knows how (and how not) to pack!!!

Step away from the table...there might be someone out there that would take you but I kinda doubt it. Good a reason as any to go on a diet!!

I've lost ALOT of weight in the last few months... 330 was my last weigh in... I hope I'm below that now.

Back