Installing Yosh full system...few ???

Furball

Registered
Well I have the exhaust part done, just need to bolt the rest together....Had a few
rock.gif
about the full syste, and the stock header....I pulled the stock header out...when it came off there were no gaskets or rings of any kind on the header...is this normal or is there a gasket that may have been stuck in the cyl head...also

When I am bolting the Yosh header on the flange doesn't go the whole way down to the head....does this mean I may have double gaskets in there becasue the stock ones were left behind...The pipes are also running in tight clearances as well....just want to know if this is normal or should I pull the header back off and see if there were gaskets on the stock header...thanks

There are copper gaskets in the head. You may want to replace them. The flange shouldn't tighten to the point of touching the head...there should be a gap left. The tight clearences are brought to you by Yoshimura.

So there should be a gap where I can see the header flange bolt threads??? This just doesn't seem like good engineering to me....hope it is right...

Yes there is a gap. Bad engineering......doubtfull.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118330761 -->

DSCF1834_a.jpg

lol, man trust us...the Yosh is an excellent fitting system. You should be fine re-using the gaskets though.

If you take the time to pull the header and look at the copper gaskets you should check to see if they are dented at all from the stock header. If they are still smooth you should be fine reusing them. If they are dented from the stock header you may want to replace them because they might not be able to get a good tight seal anymore. On the other hand you can always pull your body, radiator, horn, fan and header off again to replace them.

show it all Krieg... Looks pretty cool, thinking of getting the Yosh Full ti system with cf tri-oval dual tips for the 1K when it comes in and is fully broke in that should take a month or 2 to break in. LOL!!! Wish they made a dual one with dual tri-oval cams for the busa in all ti. Would have went with it, instead I had a custom exhaust system done for the busa in ss and cf cans all done inside out in ceramic coating even the cans are done inside, as well as having the headers heat wrapped as well...

<!--EDIT|FAKK2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118334896 -->

Thanks for the pics, that cleared it all up...I though I messed up or something....I did see the copper rings in the head, and they all looked fine...I was just concerned about being able to still see threads on the bolts...what is the deal with the header springs too....I guess they kind of put tension on the pipes so the bolt doesn't back out?
rock.gif

show it all Krieg... Looks pretty cool, thinking of getting the Yosh Full ti system with cf tri-oval dual tips for the 1K when it comes in and is fully broke in that should take a month or 2 to break in. LOL!!! Wish they made a dual one with dual tri-oval cams for the busa in all ti. Would have went with it, instead I had a custom exhaust system done for the busa in ss and cf cans all done inside out in ceramic coating even the cans are done inside, as well as having the headers heat wrapped as well...
smile.gif
That dual tip system is the one I origionally tried to get for my Busa but when I went to buy it I was told it was on backorder from the factory untill November 2005. I then decided to go with the Evolution and I have been extremely happy with my choice. Check out my install thread for all the photos of the install. It is at

Thanks for the pics, that cleared it all up...I though I messed up or something....I did see the copper rings in the head, and they all looked fine...I was just concerned about being able to still see threads on the bolts...what is the deal with the header springs too....I guess they kind of put tension on the pipes so the bolt doesn't back out?
rock.gif
No problem. As long as the copper gaskets looked good you should be fine. Mine were dented when I put my pipe on so I spent $16 and replaced them so I wouldn't have to take it all back apart again to fix an exhaust leak. The springs on my header seem to be there to keep forward pressure on the header tube and made the header sit a lot more solid once installed.

What Yosh system did you install? Did you install new copper exhaust gaskets or not?

Your stock gaskets sound like they stayed in the manifold. If you just installed the pipe then you should be okay. I replaced my gaskets when installing TRS.

If you put gaskets in then I bet you have double gaskets in there.

And dont wrench the bolts down all the way BAD!!!!

The springs attach the header to the spigots or flange that permanantly mount to the cylinder head.

That way when you remove the pipe for an oil change you undo the springs only to temove the header not the 8 bolts into the cyl head.

Ride safe

Back