Installing LED headlight

Jgarcia6988

Registered
Hello all

So I was able to install the high beam led bulb from under the front. I am having trouble getting into the low beam. So I started taking apart everything to be able to remove the cluster which I got to the point where the cluster moves but I can’t seem to pop it off like there’s something holding it together behind. I got the low beam out by going under the cluster but barely no room to put the new one in. does anyone know if I’m doing something wrong. Also the rubber piece that goes over the low beam should I reinstall it ? It seem the led bulb is bigger than the original one where the rubber would have a hard time I think .. thanks for all your help .. I will take pictures tomorrow to show you .. maybe someone has a step by step how to change bulbs low and high beam and put everything back together I have so many clips and screws I don’t know where what goes now thanks again

Hello all

So I was able to install the high beam led bulb from under the front. I am having trouble getting into the low beam. So I started taking apart everything to be able to remove the cluster which I got to the point where the cluster moves but I can’t seem to pop it off like there’s something holding it together behind. I got the low beam out by going under the cluster but barely no room to put the new one in. does anyone know if I’m doing something wrong. Also the rubber piece that goes over the low beam should I reinstall it ? It seem the led bulb is bigger than the original one where the rubber would have a hard time I think .. thanks for all your help .. I will take pictures tomorrow to show you .. maybe someone has a step by step how to change bulbs low and high beam and put everything back together I have so many clips and screws I don’t know where what goes now thanks again
Hello sir! Gen 1 or gen 2?
Any pics we can help just easier when we see what you are facing.

I know exactly what you are trying to do.....
I just did it....

So

The guage cluster comes off. Theres a single bolt towards the bottom then it's just held into rubber grommets so you have to just pull.

Assuming this is a gen 2 no led will fit quite right. The housing is meant for an h11 I believe. The problem with an led is the fan on the back of them. This doesnt allow the metal spring to be used to secure the light.
You can be creative and fab something up to keep it in place like wire. There are some fanless led lights but I haven't seen if those will fit or not. Best best even though not optimal would be HID even for the low beam. Just my thoughts.

To be honest, it's so much easier to fit the led bulbs with the nose fairing off the bike and sitting on a table.
I've done this led conversion on my Gen 1 with the cooling fan led bulb in the low beam (didn't bother with the high beam), check this out . . . pics included.
Oh and by the way, that was 18 months ago, I've covered 16,000kms and the led bulb is still working fine!

Hello sir! Gen 1 or gen 2?
Any pics we can help just easier when we see what you are facing.
Gen 2 the cluster moves up and down but something behind holing it I don’t want to break it

B7CE11F7-2BEC-46A3-AEB7-D266F952DE36.jpeg

B3C5A10E-6902-4BC7-B111-35DE1DD753F4.jpeg

That black plastic "tray" above the guages pulls right out.
It's been a long time since I removed gen2 guages, but there aren't any hidden fasteners.

Reactions: Zee
I know exactly what you are trying to do.....
I just did it....

So

The guage cluster comes off. Theres a single bolt towards the bottom then it's just held into rubber grommets so you have to just pull.

Assuming this is a gen 2 no led will fit quite right. The housing is meant for an h11 I believe. The problem with an led is the fan on the back of them. This doesnt allow the metal spring to be used to secure the light.
You can be creative and fab something up to keep it in place like wire. There are some fanless led lights but I haven't seen if those will fit or not. Best best even though not optimal would be HID even for the low beam. Just my thoughts.
Can you help me to find a way to secure a way into it please .. I don’t even know where to start.. I took the two end screws out of the cluster and it moves like it feels like coming out are you saying there’s a single screw under it kinda ?

Back