Installing cometic exhaust gaskets???

let's start with what type of exhaust? got a picture of them? i have yoshi's and i don't remember they ever had any but my guess would be to loosen the mid pipe bolts and make sure there flush and seated properly followed by a re-tighten with a bit of blue thread locker. :thumbsup:

let's start with what type of exhaust? got a picture of them? i have yoshi's and i don't remember they ever had any but my guess would be to loosen the mid pipe bolts and make sure there flush and seated properly followed by a re-tighten with a bit of blue thread locker. :thumbsup:

The Yosh system is advised for you to remove the factory gaskets, cause their collars are made to do a complete seal of the manifold. He is installing the brock AH2 full system we sell, I contacted him today...Advice I give alot of folks and for future reference, just pop out stockers, smear a little sealer on front and back side and flip over with new flat side facing out and mount system..

Last edited:
Hmm, so that's why all the yosh exhausts I've heard leak at the head. Never installed one actually, only spiny mufflers. :D

More like owner install, some don't read instructions cause they know how to install a exhaust. I have heard some leakers on dyno from improper install, and fixed them with simple adjustments. I have never had a leaking one I installed and dynoed... most people hard install front to rear, never just loosely installing all and starting at rear to go forward...

Hmm, so that's why all the yosh exhausts I've heard leak at the head. Never installed one actually, only spiny mufflers. :D

Last edited:
You're suppose to read instructions ? I just use them to sweep up the extra parts :laugh:

Back