Installing a Pro-Oiler

Z-Faucon

Registered
hello.gif
  I'm installing the Pro-oiler on a K8.  Where can I find the speed sensor or speed signal wire ?  What color would it be ?   I'm not that good when it comes to reading electrical diagrams. I'm very effective at blowing fuses.  
laugh.gif
  I'm thinking I need some advice.  Thanks.

What is a Pro-oiler?
It is one of the finest electronic, fully-automatic chain oilers you can buy. It is what allows Long Distance/Endurance riders to use a chain-drive bike, with all its inherent advantages over shaft. Dedicated sport-touring dudes can going touring 5000 miles across the continent, and never have to think about their chain other than cursory inspection.

The speedo pick-up wire is one of three wires in a three-prong green connector (IIRC) located on the left side of the engine bay. I tapped it when I installed the Speedohealer several months ago. I'll have to look up the specific wire color unless someone beats me to it.

Here's a couple Pro-Oiler shots, installed on my K8:

Twin-nozzle dispenser installed (this thing kicks ass!
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
)

TwinNozzle.jpg

The Pro-Oiler pump and Control Module, those I tucked away inside the left side cowl recess behind the left passenger footpeg bracket:

Controller_Pump.jpg

Same shot, but with footpeg bracket (powder-coated matte black) installed:

LeftHangarBracketReInstalled.jpg

'A' depicts Pro-Oiler power leads (blue = hot, white = ground). You can also follow the gentle loop of the oil line feed as oil gets pumped out of the pump outlet, up and back around, then on down to the twin-nozzle dispenser:

FinalTuckedIn.jpg

Lot's of different ways and methods to install your Pro-Oiler; this just happened to be the way I did it. And it's been working as advertised for 20,000 miles now without a hiccup...
cool.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Thank you War, I'm the guy who had pinged you a while ago but realize now you are on the road. I did search the sites and found your pics before hand. But I'm stuck on which wire / color to tap into for the speed sensor wire. If you can find out that would be cool. BTW, why did you choose to locate your oil bottle under your gas tank rather than under the passenger seat ? Any advantage?

War - HELP!  looks like you are the only one that can confirm the color of the wire to tap into for the speedo sensor.  
computer.gif
 I really like to try out this oiler.  BTW why did you put your bottle under the tank?

I put my bottle in the tail section next to the signal light. The 08 has a wider tail section so I was able to hang it in there.

Back