Installing 240

karnage

Registered
When I pull this apart to do the install, what or where do I keep this lifted with.I though of under the oil pan with wood or something that wont damage anything or use my engine hoist with straps to hold it up.

I am not sure but I think you could put it under the exhaust and be safe. That is where I jack mine up when taking the back tire off. I have never done one but it would see that if you put it all together, roll the swing arm in place and stick the bolt in it would be easier but maybe I am wrong. Best of luck.

I would jack it up using the oil pan ( as the manual says). Then use a bar through the frame and place jack stands on both sides under the bar.

I am not sure but I think you could put it under the exhaust and be safe. That is where I jack mine up when taking the back tire off. I have never done one but it would see that if you put it all together, roll the swing arm in place and stick the bolt in it would be easier but maybe I am wrong. Best of luck.

You jack up your bike using the exhaust?? I thought would bend something for sure.

The engine hoist sounds good.I have a swing arm lifting arm but that only helps get the wheel off the ground.Then what.I will have to modify that lift once the wide arm is on there.

You jack up your bike using the exhaust?? I thought would bend something for sure.

I have been doing this from the time I got it new and so far no trouble. I put a plate on top of my screw jack and it lifts it so easy. I put the jack where the conveter is.

I dont have a stock exhaust but if I use some wood, I could jack it from there.The exhaust may come off anyway if I can get an alien head.

I have been doing this from the time I got it new and so far no trouble. I put a plate on top of my screw jack and it lifts it so easy. I put the jack where the conveter is.

For some reason, I was thinking the cans.. my duh moment for the day.

If you have a wheel chock use it and the engine hoist. I've switched out my arm twice on mine and each time we lifted the bike up by taking the tail section off and using straps on the subframe. There is no way I would trust jacking the bike up to hold while changing out the swingarm.

Engine hoist to subframe.

way I did mine to rear subframe front end in wheel chock. If you have questions about how to secure the bike you sure you want to try this mod??? grinding frame for chain clearance is serious business if needed and mistakes can't be undone when done. Good luck either way :beerchug:

I have a die grinder and carbide bits to take it slow while grinding the frame.Hopefully I dont need to grind much.

frame is hollow and people have posted some scary looking grind jobs here, that gone through.

That part down there is hollow??I thought it was solid cast by the way it looks.

No not solid...the inside of the frame u will be grinding on is hollow..u can look at your bike now and kinda get a idea where u will be grinding at..just picture the chain moved over touching the frame..just for a idea where the location is..

pics at post 34 https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...think-im-screwed-ugh-any-ideas-240-kit-2.html

This one was not only over notched but seems like it was done improperly and even though it went through the frame chain was still rubbing because it wasn't done right. Do plenty of reading before starting this mod. Cutting through is very bad for the bike, this is where the experience of people who do this for a living like Roaring Toyz is worth their coin. A beautiful 240 kit could turn into nightmare. There is someone here who installed a kit him self and got it centered also. search is your friend here on this subject success an fail stories a plenty

I can port and polish heads so I know how to be carefull around hollow areas when grinding.Josh at Ball Z said they setup my kit before shipping and it was as close to center as possible with minimal grinding.He said maybe 1/8" had to come off.I will be careful and if I do go thru I will have it welded up.By the way the frame looks, you would think its solid.

Back