Installed the 1K Gixxer Fender on the Busa! Looks MUCH better! Pics

San Diego Busa

Registered
Hey Guys

Only thing i didnt like about my bike was the front fender and its gawdyness

Problem solved! :)

busafender.jpg

Looks good man :thumbsup: I may have to look into that in the future...makes it easier to clean the wheels too.

I like it! Where did you order and how much.
When I load BUSA into the truck I have to take front fender off..thus shorty would be perfect. :-)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I like it! Where did you order and how much.
When I load BUSA into the truck I have to take front fender off..thus shorty would be perfect. :-)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Found it on eBay used for $45. Was listed in good condition, figured it would need some TLC, but its in awesome condition so good to go!

I like the oem fender. It fits the bigness of the rest of the bike. That gixxer fender just looks too small to me. Sorry.

It looks good on slammed busa's but at stock height it looks funny. I ordered one just to see if I liked it, I do like the fact the wheel is exposed more.

It looks too small IMO, like something is missing. But that's my opinion, and it's your bike, so as long as you like it, that's what matters.

However, the fender is part of the aerodynamic package that makes the Busa slip through the air. Now you only be able to do 185, and not 186 :laugh:

I cut my stocker down 3". I too didn't like the size of the stock but I thought the 1K was too small. In a different thread someone said it looked like a tiny shark tooth on the front of the bike. I tend to agree which is why I just modified my stock one. All that matters is your happy with it. Plus you got a smoking price.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I think it would look good White so you would notice it more, It seems in Black you dont notice it as much and it looks like there isnt even a fender on it which makes them look different, That is just from seeing Unclesteves on his Busa in person, But it would be easier to change the front wheel and clean it

I think it would look good White so you would notice it more, It seems in Black you dont notice it as much and it looks like there isnt even a fender on it which makes them look different, That is just from seeing Unclesteves on his Busa in person, But it would be easier to change the front wheel and clean it

+1 Amazing how the different colors bring out other aspects of the BUSA design. Another reason why the BUSA is more than just a motorcycle. It's a work of art!

I think it looks good. :thumbsup:

That's the great thing about everything, not everyone thinks the same thing looks good. I mean imagine if we all were married to a say beautiful 5' 5" brunette,electric blue eyes, short hair,nicely small breasted,flat stomach,tiny waist and just right amount of tail that made you want to touch,rub,smack it each time you passed it.:laugh:

Wouldn't be any fun to just check out what other's had. :whistle: They would all be the same, same as our bikes :rofl:

But really I go back and forth on the fender option also. Sometimes I think the busa fender is too bulky and sometimes think the GSXR fender is too small. But either way it is how I think it looks the best at the time. Another thing I messed with on the stocker is painting the bottom half black so it sorta flows in more with the frame, wheels and such and doesn't look as bulky that way either, helps on the green one that I did the fairings black on bottom also.

I was looking at the Gen 2 the other day and happen to seen a carbon fender off my 05 GSXR750 sitting on the shelf and remembered people switching 1000 fenders and was curious about it. Well it bolted right on no problems, so anyone looking to swap their fender can go with the 600/750 fender as well which opens the options to picking up one pretty cheap on e-bay.

Switch between the Coerce carbon and stocker on the Gen 1 also. Just like when you get dressed in morning, all depends on what you want to wear that day will set the look.

But I say with either fender it looks good, and if you like it that's all that matters. :thumbsup:

DSCN7021 (2).jpg

DSCN7790.jpg

DSCN7362.jpg

DSCN7368.jpg

I think the Gen1 fender looks good on them, but I also like the 2001-2002 1K fenders on them as well. Thats what i'm going for oon mine this fall. It's setting in the garage, waiting for the fresh paint job this year. It is that "in between fender" that you guys were just talking about. Smaller than the oem fender, but bigger than the 05 up fenders:thumbsup:

I would love that fender when I was changing tires every 3K miles. You have to pull the fender to pull the wheel when on a normal front stand. With the GSXR fairing looks like it would be, well...like a GSXR which does not require you to pull the front fairing to change the tire.

Looks good.:beerchug:

I think it looks fine, but it seems like the stock piece would be significantly more aerodynamic at high speeds, especially where downforce is concerned.

I would love that fender when I was changing tires every 3K miles. You have to pull the fender to pull the wheel when on a normal front stand. With the GSXR fairing looks like it would be, well...like a GSXR which does not require you to pull the front fairing to change the tire.

Looks good.:beerchug:

Charlie, have you tried sitting the stand up on a couple of bricks or wood blocks to get a little more clearance?

Yep, then I can't lift the front...I know, thats a personal problem.

I think it looks fine, but it seems like the stock piece would be significantly more aerodynamic at high speeds, especially where downforce is concerned.

Charlie, have you tried sitting the stand up on a couple of bricks or wood blocks to get a little more clearance?

Back