Installed PCV on 09 and Then FI Light Came on...

Koster88

Registered
What did I do wrong. Seemed pretty simple and straigt forward. I Installed the map to match my exhaust. Verified that the map was updated. Installed the PCV. Put the little O2 Sensor Delete that came with it. Everything went smooth. Then with in 30 seconds of starting the bike for the first time with the PCV, the light came on. Seems to run fine. (really do need to install the paired reed block off mod).

Any ideas?

I believe you might have not cut/spliced the right wire. recheck your connections and the instructions you will find the culprit :laugh:

very helpful to know what the FI light code is. Jumper the sds connector (several posts on that in this forum in past few weeks) and see what the code is being displayed.

very helpful to know what the FI light code is. Jumper the sds connector (several posts on that in this forum in past few weeks) and see what the code is being displayed.

Agreed before you kill yourself looking get the code.
See my pic it shows you how to get it.
Plug is under seat.
Stick a wire into two ports and turn key on.
It should show code on dash like this .
The dash next to code is also important as it shows throttle position.
First pic of plug shows it with cap on , 2nd pic shows cap off.
Cap off you will be able to reach contacts easier.

Get that and you will be much better off if you have not found something simple.

wire jump.JPG

jumper plug.JPG

ERROR CODE OFF.JPG

ERROR CODE.JPG

Also re-check the injector plugs. Make sure they are making good contact. When I had this problem it turned out one of the injector plugs was not pushed all the way in.

Yoo hoo Koster88 are you there ?
Whats up ?
Get her fixed yet or what ?

Enquiring minds wanna know ?
???

Koster,

I just installed mine last night and I can tell you that the wire splicer, when you clip it on the pink/black wire, takes quite a bit of pressure with your fingers to get it to snap in place.

The other option is the 02 sensor plug, which you said you installed.

I had a PCIII and put it on a Harley a few years ago and it did the same thing as yours. Called PC on the phone and they had me return it, so it was defective.

As a side note, took about 30-45 minutes to install the PC-V last night and it ran without a hitch, no codes.

Good luck.

Back