Installed Genmar 1.25", now what about the rear?

TurboSN95

Registered
Hey guys,

I just installed my Genmar 1.25" front spacer, and was going to swap the rear stock link to my Pingel lowering link to even out the bike. Then I looked at the bike and it didn't look "odd" or angled down much. Next I remembered the +1" rear link mod to make the Busa handle better.

Is my bike now setup like the "+1" rear link mod" since the rear is about an inch taller than the front? Or is this not recommended for some reason? On the test ride that I just took, it felt fine, probably better than when I was riding it at stock height.

Figured I'd ask before I threw the lowering link on. This is what it looks like:

View attachment 1369319

WOW nice ride
Thanks!
peace.gif

Uh-uh, don't touch it!

I have the same setup, LOVE the turn-in with the altered geometry!

Thanks Shibumi!! Just what I wanted to hear. Did you leave that "tray" above the front fender installed? does it hit? So far no issues here.

And I figured with a passenger, it'll be perfect.

If you like the way it rides then leave it alone. Did you lower the front end with the genmar riser or just install it and leave it. If you just installed it then you did nothing to lower the front end. I lowered my rear end first and noticed the handling sucked right away. After i lowered the front end, it was much better.

I installed it and then loosened the bolts to the forks and the nose dropped to fill in the gap that was under the Genmar spacer.

After some miles, I think the turn-in is better. But for acceleration, I think there is so much less weight on the back tire that in 1st and 2nd gear the tire just spins and spins. I might try lowering the rear a tad just to see what changes.

Back