Installed a set of Cox Radiator guards last night..

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
So I ripped the panels off the 'ol beast last night to do an oil change and figured since I had these Cox radiator guards just laying on a shelf that I got free when I bought my saddlebags, I'd throw them on!

Well, if you are looking to buy a set of these, my first impressions are to pass...

First off, I got mine slightly used (did I mention free LOL) and there was no mounting hardware, so I called a friend or two (thanks BigE, and GixxerHP answer your phone :lol: ) and realized that the radiator one just zip ties on...

How much are these new? And they zip tie on?? :banghead:

Well the oil cooler one mounted fairly simple, take out three bolts, put the guard on, and replace the bolts. Thing is, the Gen 2 (not sure about the Gen1) has a guard on the oil cooler anyway. So I guess I doubled up the protection, but it seemed like a waste. And honestly the placement of the main radiator is so high up that I'm not sure a stone could EVER puncture the main radiator. I don't know..

Either way, install was fairly simple. Zip tie the top of the radiator guard, and the bottom just kind of clips over the bottom of the radiator. I'll run them and see if it stays put, but again, I really don't see the need for these on the Busa.

If I were using my hard earned money (don't judge me lol) I would buy a fender extender rather than these guards... Either way, here are the pics! Come on summer!!!

photo 4.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

Looks good! I may look in to those for my Gen I because 11 years of living down a gravel road have taken quite a toll...

I like the guards; never heard of a fender extender...sounds like a compensation situation to me Bots :hide:

Fender extender... Not on a busa, but same concept. The Busa has one from the factory, these are just longer. You'd never see it...

052200.jpg

I've got them on my Gixxer. The thing is, you'll know if you needed them and don't have them...but never know you did if you do.

I think I said that right.

Thanks for the reminder. I still have one of these to install on the big green sparkle machine. :cool:

Bots I agree I didn't wanna spend over $100 for both guards for my gixxer. So I got some kind of metal screen from Lowe's, some weatherstripping for the pads and built my own for like $18. And I have material to make like 5 more :)

Back