Installation Tips?

NEA.Drew

Registered
Just wondering if there are any tips out there for the installation to go smooth? Installing brock gen3 full exhaust with hindle carbon fiber can,muzzy fan,and brock pair mod,any tips would really help,thanks!

Take your time. I did it in five days working about 30 minutes to an hour each day.

Day 1:
Simply took down stock exhaust. Exhaust stayed under the bike though.

Day 2:
Completely take exhaust from under bike and remove PAIR valve.

Day 3:
Airbox mod and assemble Brock exhaust.

Day 4:
Place airbox back in bike and install PAIR blockoffs.

Day 5:
Install exhaust.

It can all be done in one day but I chose that route because I was in my backyard in my shed with no A/C or fan, and this method kept my fatigue and frustration level down.

Pics of installation are a must. Good Luck
super.gif

I have the same stuff on my bike, take it all off get it out of the way things will go much easier!

DSC01112.JPG

Same pipes mine are just coated, keeps the heat in the pipe and off me, do it only cost $70 and if the pipes are off already it only takes a day.

Thanks for all the tips and help!One more thing,is it recommended to do the air box mod with this exhaust up-grade?

(NEA.Drew @ Jun. 09 2007,23:51) Thanks for all the tips and help!One more thing,is it recommended to do the air box mod with this exhaust up-grade?
Yep. The provided map assumes you have done this mod.

Thanks for the help,will post pics later today of setup and start of install,guess I need to get my pcIII ordered, should I go ahead and order that from brock with the map pre-installed?

That's up to you. If you order it from somewhere else you can always ask Brock for the maps. I bought mine before I had the exhaust and he still gave me 3 maps. Track, fuel economy, and warm weather.

No prob. Oh ... and congrats on your purchase. I hope you love yours as much as I love mine.

Hindle1b.JPG

Great choice!! I installed mine with the PCIII from Brock, air box mod, pair valve removal, changed oil, filter, and coolant, and added steel braided lines in one weekend. I read all the instructions ahead of time and searched on the org for any tips. The pics of the install on the post above helped me to put my bike together. Three things that helped:
1. Make sure you use emery cloth to smooth out the connections. This took 3 days and the system is so tight but fits perfectly. You should be able to twist the connections with them fully insterted.
2. Cover you radiator fins.
3. Except for fairing bolts, try to leave the bolts in the brackets to help you remember where they go. You will have one spare bolt from the stock cross over, Hindle does not have one.

Good luck.

Back