Inspection Sticker Placement

Exhaust......:wtf: like emissions or put a decible meter next to it?
They do check emissions in Texas, but not volume (straight pipes are legal here). State law says that the sticker can be placed in "a prominent position" on the bike. As I said, I have never had a bike inspected and have yet to receive a ticket for it in Texas.

Thanks for the stories and opinions. I think I will either put it on the fork or keep it in the cowl and take it out when/if needed.

They do check emissions in Texas, but not volume (straight pipes are legal here). State law says that the sticker can be placed in "a prominent position" on the bike. As I said, I have never had a bike inspected and have yet to receive a ticket for it in Texas.

They do not check emissions in Texas on motorcycles. They check the following (below), and only check that exhaust system is safe/secure. Automobiles require emissions test. The cost for motorcycles inspection is only $15 dollars, a tiny price to pay for piece of mind. Obviously it's not strickly enforced because it's lower priority.

1. Horn
2. Mirror
3. Steering
4. Brakes (system)
5. Tires
6. Wheel Assembly
7. Exhaust System
8. Tail Lamp (1)
9. Stop Lamp (1)
10. License Plate Lamp
11. Rear Red Reflector (1)
12. Head Lamp (1)
13. Motor, Serial, or Vehicle Identification Number

mr. rush2112,
For the sake of avoiding a hassel, i would suggest getting the inspection, if you don't like the look of a large plastic panel layered behind your plate for the sticker, then keeping it under the seat just incase you're pulled over is a good idea.

I live in Texas and my inspection sticker is located next to my license plate (side mounted). I cut out a plastic peice to attached to the side of the license plate, just big enough to fit the inspection sticker.

They do not check emissions in Texas on motorcycles. They check the following (below), and only check that exhaust system is safe/secure. Automobiles require emissions test.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I assumed bikes did too.

For the sake of avoiding a hassel, i would suggest getting the inspection, if you don't like the look of a large plastic panel layered behind your plate for the sticker, then keeping it under the seat just incase you're pulled over is a good idea.
He'll still be breaking the law, because it is not attached to the bike in a prominent position. If he's going to follow the rules and go to the trouble of getting it inspected, it's probably not worth the risk of a ticket to hide the sticker. Anyway, unless he's stopped for speeding, by far the most likely time it'll be noticed he doesn't have one is when the bike is parked and unattended.

whats an inspection sticker??? :rofl:

i got one two years ago when i first bought the bike. how am i supposed to have time to get an inspection when im busy riding?:thumbsup:

i went 3 years w/o a motorcycle license but i wouldn't recommend that... i hear the fines are pretty hefty, not to mention the towing

You can place on the swingarm, just takes a while to remove safely when next years inspection comes up.

Also if you have a swingarm with a spot for spool mounts they make a small piece thats just the size of the sticker and has a small tab on the side. You can run it flat against the swingarm or bend it 90 degrees and face it rearward.

Back