Inspection Sticker Placement

Stealth_Busa

Registered
rock.gif
I have seen the undertail mods posted, but I have a specifice question about inspection sticker placement. For those states that require inspection stickers placed on the rear, (I live in Texas), what alternatives has anyone come up with. like removeing the chain guard and making a plate that filts the two holes on the swing arm where the chain guard was to display your inspection sticker.

Any ideas or pics are appreciated.

coffeecup.gif

Here in VA we have to place ours on the front forks. Luckily the forks on the Busa are tucked away and that hides the bogus looking stickers (we have two, county sticker and state inspection sticker).
wink.gif

I live in Texas and I have an after-market undertail. I put the sticker on the back side of the license plate. The law states that the inspection sticker must be visable on the bike.

Some dealers will put the inspection sticker on the back of the plate, other want to put it on a license plate holder. The last time I had the bike inspected, I had to put it on the holder. When I came home I just trimmed the holder and turned it around so it would fit on the back side of the plate. Some guys will trim the holder and leave the inspection sticker under the hump.

If I get pulled over I'll just tell the cop to bend over...
laugh.gif

I live in Texas and I have an after-market undertail. I put the sticker on the back side of the license plate. The law states that the inspection sticker must be visable on the bike.

Some dealers will put the inspection sticker on the back of the plate, other want to put it on a license plate holder. The last time I had the bike inspected, I had to put it on the holder. When I came home I just trimmed the holder and turned it around so it would fit on the back side of the plate. Some guys will trim the holder and leave the inspection sticker under the hump.

If I get pulled over I'll just tell the cop to bend over...
laugh.gif
What if he's not that kind of cop?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

You know I'm in texas too and my inspection stays in the hump.......you know you have to have an inspection in order to get your little stickers for your plate right?

My wife, "the cop", said I was good as long as my stickers on the plate were valid.

I used to have mine on the fork, got stopped once, and was asked where it was but no problems once I showed it. Then I placed it in the hump after painting the bike and the forks. Then I threw it away before getting another sticker. Finally, I made a plate that goes directly left of the license plate and had the new sticker put there.

Basically, put it anywhere you please. There are always legal ways around the law.
laugh.gif

Here in VA we have to place ours on the front forks. Luckily the forks on the Busa are tucked away and that hides the bogus looking stickers (we have two, county sticker and state inspection sticker).  
wink.gif
I got my bike stickered today, he put mine on the swingarm below the exhaust, first one I have seen there, which is good for me, bike came from Tenn and had never had a sticker on it, and I didn't want it on the fork.
So now, I'm pretty much legal, still need the county decal....

You know I'm in texas too and my inspection stays in the hump.......you know you have to have an inspection in order to get your little stickers for your plate right?  

My wife, "the cop", said I was good as long as my stickers on the plate were valid.
Just like my cousin Higg, I keep mine in the hump along with registration. No specific law here in Louisiana that states that it must be visible. Haven't been stopped yet, but I'm still tryin'
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wow.gif
laugh.gif

Brian

biggrin.gif

I live in VA. Here they require city stickers and state inspection stickers. So far 7000 miles and 2 run in's with the not so friendly 5.0, No one noticed I don't have either sticker.

The first time the cop was more interested in what sort of moron would be doing 70mph rolling burnouts on 64?

The second was a Harley cop that pulled me over for having to loud of a pipe. (Brock Hindle) HA!

Back