Inspection sticker location

erikm12

Registered
For those of you who have to have them, where on your bike do you put them. Mine is currently on the swingarm but am thinking about making a bracket to put it on. Problem is I am at work and can't think of wher it could go.

I'm in VA and the dealer I buy from puts all their bike stickers on the left fork between the triple clamps. It's legal, and doesn't look too bad there.
You could use one of the threaded holes on the swingarm for the spools too if you want to bolt a plate on.
I've seen a plate bolted to the pinch bolts on the front axle tubes as well, but didn't think it looked to good.

in NYS they go on the front left fork...on the busa it's way up in the upper fairing so you can hardly see it.

in NYS they go on the front left fork...on the busa it's way up in the upper fairing so you can hardly see it.

A few years ago a cop gave me crap for having it there, I told him to call the dealer as I clear didn't put it there myself....

Droid via Tapatalk

I made a bracket for mine and put it where the muffler bracket it. Below is a pic

DSC_0034.jpg

In Texas the dealer sells you a plate to bolt on behind the license plate with a tab sticking out for the inspection sticker. But in Florida they don't inspect anything.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303439390.870194.jpg

Inspection sticker? I'm supposed to have an inspection sticker?

Seriously...I have never once, in all the years I have been riding and all the bikes I have had, got an inspection sticker.

Inspection sticker? I'm supposed to have an inspection sticker?

Seriously...I have never once, in all the years I have been riding and all the bikes I have had, got an inspection sticker.

Im with you. What is it for? I live in Ohio and have never had a prob without one
Posted via Mobile Device

Mine expired about a year ago and it's still in the ziplock bag in my trunk, plus I didn't remove my license plate the first time I ran my bike lowered at the drag strip last season and it rolled it up like a newspaper, I bent it back down but it's pretty curled still... adds character. No problems as of yet here in Texas

:rofl: NJ doesn't have bike inspections any more so no worries. :thumbsup:

When it was mandated by the state it always went on the left fork tube. Just like NY.
oh no! not another thread about cops not knowing what they're doing! :laugh: Did it happen in New Jersey??

Same as a car, yearly safety inspection. In NY if ya don't have one ya get a ticket
Well, bikes are supposed to be inspected every year here too, but in almost 30 years of not having a sticker I have yet to be ticketed for it. It'd be difficult for a police officer here in Texas to know if you don't have one without stopping you because there is no designated space for it on a bike...the law says it must be positioned in "a prominent place."

When I lived in NC I used the front reflector bracket (obviously with reflector removed) and mounted a plate to that and then put the sticer there. Worked out and didn't look that bad.. much better than having to actually put the sticker on the bike.

Back