Inspect Your Gear!

Jbaby1969

Registered
So now that I’m getting close to having my bike back on the road, I decided to break out the jacket I bought on the same day I bought the bike back in 2008. It’s been vacuum packed in plastic in my closet.

I try it on the see how it fits when I notice the forearms feel funny. Then I noticed the shoulders were lumpy. I pull the Velcro protector holders out and find the protective pads have completely disintegrated. Granted I’m going to buy a new jacket anyway and was only trying this one on so I know what size I need but I learned a lesson the easy way. Inspections only take a second and they might save your skin!

4E1451F4-83D9-4E3D-834D-063A682BE811.jpeg

So now that I’m getting close to having my bike back on the road, I decided to break out the jacket I bought on the same day I bought the bike back in 2008. It’s been vacuum packed in plastic in my closet.

I try it on the see how it fits when I notice the forearms feel funny. Then I noticed the shoulders were lumpy. I pull the Velcro protector holders out and find the protective pads have completely disintegrated. Granted I’m going to buy a new jacket anyway and was only trying this one on so I know what size I need but I learned a lesson the easy way. Inspections only take a second and they might save your skin!

View attachment 1602112
One of my jackets had the same issue. Quick shopping on revzilla and got some replacements.

Back