Mrs.Rubber2Burn

The Diet Coke of Evil!!!
Donating Member
Registered
I am about to go CRAZY!!!
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif

It is now 3:46 a.m. here is Pflugerville, TX and I am still WIDE AWAKE!! I am going to be so CRANKY when my six o'clock alarm goes off for work.
pissed.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif
I am already NOT a good morning person.
cursin.gif

Does anyone out there have any good tips or ideas for dealing with insomnia or sleeplessness?

I already take melatonin. I am an avid reader, go to bed early. Try to keep it cool, and dark. I make it a habit not to use my bed as an "office". (Can you tell I have done a little research in the past?)

Let me know what works. From the logical to the snake oil.....I wanna hear. Thanks.

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

Go to the gym or do something else that will lead you to complete physical exhaustion. Good sleep to follow, guaranteed.

If you don't have strong physical fitness, you are less likely to sleep well... So, get some "real" exercise.

i use to get this alot. my biggest friend when this happened was some percaset (sp?) i had from an injury. but i hated the hpow the whole body goes numb and then i fall asleep. but now i take tylonal PM (thin blue pill) and those r nice. they dont "make" u tired, but when u lay down u just go to sleep (if tha tmakes any since). the 1 negative thing is if u take 2 pills... ur ass will SLEEP for 8 hours (atleast for me). world could be coming to an end and i would have no clue.

Projekt is right on. After totally changing my diet. (no fast food, junk food ect. And working out and doing treadmill. I sleep like a baby as well as stay sleeping thru the night. Try it, you'll like it!
beerchug.gif

drop all drugs
get exercise
set a LOUD alarm clock across the room
stay up LATE a few times, like 1 or 2 AM and wake up to your alarm
sleep in a cool, dark, quiet envronment or use a fan to mask random sounds
drink milk
take care of life so all it's silly worries are not keeping you up

- above all, realize that sleep deprivation causes an imbalance in seretonin levels and can make you have a GREAT DAY! enjoy the ride

Go to the gym or do something else that will lead you to complete physical exhaustion. Good sleep to follow, guaranteed.

If you don't have strong physical fitness, you are less likely to sleep well... So, get some "real" exercise.
Projekt, brendanp both good suggestions we both need to got our buts in better shape

Hmmm I got a great remedy... just plain old sex... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Um, for relations. It works for me. Never mind, I have just embarrased myself.
fart.gif

Everbody thanks for the ideas!! I should have mentioned that I was looking for the drug free ones, melatonin is as far druggin' it as I am looking to go. Some people can swear by Seroquel or others, but trust me, I would rather "exercise".
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Nyquil, Tylenol Simply Sleep, or go work on something like the busa, watch tv, workout... do something to tire yourself. I'm not a good morning person either, when I dont get at least 6 hours of sleep. My coworkers can get only 2 hours of sleep and they are fine, and think that i'm an @sshole because I am grumpy... I wish I could function with little sleep, I'd accomplish so much more.

Dairy products - milk, yogurt. When great-grandma gave you warm milk
puke.gif
she had the right idea. Lactose helps you sleep. But exercise and eating right is the best suggestion.

The melatonin supplement pils will help. This is what I started out on, but then eventually, I changed the diet and started to excersize...

Great Sex will help too, but that ends up costin me lotsa $$$

Back