Insanity or control of population

What is the question and why does the link say Mexican or insanity? Insanity is a perception, acts deemed normal by a mass like sacrifice become a normalcy justified by religion or other likewise factors.

The lack of actual question and simply a vague group of words is precisely what led to your entry. :beerchug:

The question is: When viewed from the outside perspective, is the practice of control of population by live removal of the heart and consumption of said heart(s) for absorption of the soul of the sacrificed Insanity/Savagery or just a cultural norm?

And 500 years from now our ancestors will look back and ask same question about our practices.

Population control? Normal maybe? Same as deer hunting, just culling the herd.
Consuming the still beating heart? Normal then as it was what they knew? Savage now because we are
supposed to be civilized.

And ps....that was a really good movie. Love the jaguar in jungle scene.

I think that was an awesome movie :beerchug: But to try and answer your question it could be viewed in many different ways. If I can recall they were making all those sacrifices because they believed their God was punishing them and thats why their land was drying up and wasting away. When in actuality it was probably more due to the fact of overpopulation and abuse of resources in that they had. As far as population control goes I dont think that was the case because they were kidnapping other tribes deeper in the rain forest and bringing them to their overpopulated city and sacrificing them. They werent sacrificing their own population so it had little to no effect on population control IMO. Its really not for me to say that their thinking or belifs were insanity. We can look back over time and see how us "humans" have carried out acts in the name of a God or belief and at the time it made perfect sense ie: The eradication of Native Americans, The Crusades, The Holocaust, and Slavery in this country to name a few. Im sure in a 100 or 1,000 years some1 or something will look back and view some of our practices the same way.

Great movie. Funny, I was thinking that as savage as the Indians were it was the Spanish who arrive at the end of the movie who brought savagery to the highest level.

Great movie. Funny, I was thinking that as savage as the Indians were it was the Spanish who arrive at the end of the movie who brought savagery to the highest level.

My thoughts exactly!!! What really chaps my hide beyond that is the systematic destruction of most texts in the Aztec/Mayan/Inca Libraries. Few Codex's made it out to places such as Dresden and other secret locations. The truth about the civilization will not be known until these are published and the scholars working to reconstruct the stone glyphs at various ancient sites around Mexico finish their work to interpret or translate said written evidence.

I think that was an awesome movie :beerchug: But to try and answer your question it could be viewed in many different ways. If I can recall they were making all those sacrifices because they believed their God was punishing them and thats why their land was drying up and wasting away. When in actuality it was probably more due to the fact of overpopulation and abuse of resources in that they had. As far as population control goes I dont think that was the case because they were kidnapping other tribes deeper in the rain forest and bringing them to their overpopulated city and sacrificing them. They werent sacrificing their own population so it had little to no effect on population control IMO. Its really not for me to say that their thinking or belifs were insanity. We can look back over time and see how us "humans" have carried out acts in the name of a God or belief and at the time it made perfect sense ie: The eradication of Native Americans, The Crusades, The Holocaust, and Slavery in this country to name a few. Im sure in a 100 or 1,000 years some1 or something will look back and view some of our practices the same way.

Man.. You have a hell of an answer and it begs a lot of very explicit responses but I am exhausted having driven back from SoCal last night. Thus, I will try to get you some thoughts after some rest. :beerchug:

My thoughts exactly!!! What really chaps my hide beyond that is the systematic destruction of most texts in the Aztec/Mayan/Inca Libraries. Few Codex's made it out to places such as Dresden and other secret locations. The truth about the civilization will not be known until these are published and the scholars working to reconstruct the stone glyphs at various ancient sites around Mexico finish their work to interpret or translate said written evidence.

Good thing the calendar restarted then huh? :laugh:

So.. Would you say it is simple savagery or maybe a necessary evil in the environment they commanded?

Definitely savagery, slavery, religious sacrifices, human history is filled with it. It's still going on today don't see anything necessary about it myself.

the skin walker priests of that religion were INTENSE!

ok, imagine this.
your at a large frenzied ceremony. you have been ritualistically fed a concoction of mushrooms and chocolate.
the priests come and drag one of your relatives away for sacrifice.
you watch as their heart is cut out and body tossed down the side of the pyramid.
here is where the skin walker priests get control.

these priests are smaller than the others. and with special knife skills that allow them to then skin your relative and then he is sewn up inside.

ok, your on a head full of mushrooms. your,lets just say sister, was just sacrificed.
later in the evening, when the dancing and music intensifys, here she comes dancing around the fire in a strange lunging contorting undead way.

::11

freakin freaky!

Back