Innovate’s Gen 2 Drag Build!

Innovate803

Registered
Hey guys, I decided to make my own thread here to document my build. I also have a YouTube Channel I just started for it as well ( https://youtube.com/channel/UC-RIIuRHY0UB-o7bny6ua1g ).

977B15B0-7595-4DAC-B610-D48728EE2232.jpeg

I purchased the bike last year out of Arkansas as pictured above. The bike was mainly used for No Prep and on spray. Completely stock motor on a 40 shot. I pulled the kit off as I was wanting to learn on motor how to drag race.

I have a K8 1000 that I street ride and started hitting the track with her and I figured I would purchase something with an arm, air shifter, and other things that are setup for the track.

Getting to the good, mods:
Cut forks
Aftermarket triple clamp
1 rotor/caliper removed
Rear brake delete
DME Oil Pan
JL Designs rear subframe
Catalyst tail
Kickstand switch delete
Aftermarket kickstand
DME Swingarm currently at 72”

Engine:
Brock’s Sidewinder
Sprint P08 air filter
All GSXR short stacks
Brock’s clutch mod/heavy duty springs.

Now:
87DD5B46-D15F-411B-83FE-8B52802CC0CE.jpeg

As of now I have lowered the nose, pulled some weight off of the clip-on’s, and removed the front fender. I also pulled the baffle out of the sidewinder.

The plan is to go 4.99 stock motor for this bike so I plan on losing weight off of the bike and my person. I have seen guys go 5.3 to the 8th with not really maxed out setups.

While it is cold I have installed SAE Outlaw adjustable lowering links as well to get the rear lower. I am currently installing a small 80/90/17 front tire to lower the nose more. The side plastics are coming off to go full 3/4th’s and to remove all insulation.

Plans this year are to purchase Marvic wheels, 16x3.5F/17x6.75R, Beringer brakes, and a front rack fuel cell/battery tray. That along with seeing what else I can remove weight-wise from the bike.

I will post up video’s and mods here when I can! She has been 5.92 so far with the wrong gearing and me still learning how to launch. I also am not sure the bike’s current weight. As for tuning I tune the bike myself through Woolich Racing Software. The bike is also still on pump, I will mess with MR12 once the chassis is right.

Also any tips or tricks are appreciated and hopefully I have not left out much!

Back