Inner Fairing Heat Insulator

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
OK, at the bottom of both fairings everyone knows we have the small portion on the bottom that has the heat insulation/tape... I had one to come off and had some road grim and washing and such that made it curl up.  I removed it since it was only hanging on by a corner.  Will the plastic cook since the exhaust is so close?  Can I get a small piece at like Home Depot that would do or does anyone have some they would send?  What say you?

I would put some back..just in case. What $10 for some insulator tape compared to a $500 fairing?

(BlueHaya @ Jun. 20 2007,19:44) I would put some back..just in case. What $10 for some insulator tape compared to a $500 fairing?
good advice.

Helix with ceramic backing adhesive cloth. about $20 for 18x18 piece at any motorcycle shop.

IMG_5351.JPG

Home Depot doesn`t have anything like that. Sticky foil without backing is not enough protection for plastics.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 20 2007,20:flamethrowing:) Helix with ceramic backing adhesive cloth. about $20 for 18x18 piece at any motorcycle shop.
Heh - not in KC!

I looked ALL OVER town - spent an entire Saturday calling & driving to different shops. They either didn't have it or didn't know what the he!! I was talking about!

(omslaw @ Jun. 20 2007,20:04)
(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 20 2007,20
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) Helix with ceramic backing adhesive cloth. about $20 for 18x18 piece at any motorcycle shop.
Heh - not in KC!

I looked ALL OVER town - spent an entire Saturday calling & driving to different shops. They either didn't have it or didn't know what the he!! I was talking about!
Dude, just let me know if you need some an I can buy it for you.

....or to save Vic from too much of a hassle order it from JC Whitney.

What i was looking for is the same almost insulation but with gold foil, or mular not aluminum.

Where I can find that kind?

Back