inline fuel filter anyone?

Santos9899

Registered
has anyone done the inline fuel filter mod and have pictures of the final product. i am in the process on wanting to the mod. i read a few threads on the issue but no pictures of the finished install.

the real question is what type of inline fuel filter was used?

thanks

what kind of pressure does the busa put out? wouldnt a common single canister in line filter suffice?

The plastic K&N filters found at any auto store and even wally world should work just fine. Just use some good clamps on the fuel line.

Clamps can be found at the auto parts store for about a buck each, get the ones rated for fuel injection. Don't use the ones included in the fuel filter package, they only good for carb systems which typically only have 15 lbs. Developing a fuel leak under the tank would be very bad. :laugh:

total cost to do fuel filter change..
parts cost on bike bandit

#10A filter $41.19
#3 o ring $14.82
#6 packing $16.71
#8 o ring $14.09
#27 o ring $5.94

total cost $92.75

thats not including labor at the dealership or shiping cost if parts are ordered online

figure i do a inline fuel filter and save any future cost to get new o-rings or paper filter..

hopefully this would correct my problem....

This is where I chose to put mine. I have a 1999 with external pump. The one in the fuel pump decayed and wreaked havoc on me, so I took it out of there completely, sealed the pump back up, and put this lil baby in the line. I placed it here because it seems easiest to change there. No problems since. As mentioned, make sure you get a high pressure one, at least 40 PSI. NAPA had a wide range of ones meeting this criteria. I think most car filters for fuel injection meet the criteria.

Let us know how yours turns out.

Miscellaneous 135.jpg

Back