Injector refresh

Bigboy Busa2

Registered
Didnt want to call it rebuild. Just changing o rings. Bought this kit, figured it was universal for many bikes but wanted to see if anyone knew if the big seals were use on these injectors. Gen 1 stock injectors. Doesnt look like servicable parts inside. The small sleeve is plastic, dunno about it either. Thanks
15679696128281598387622997895860.jpg

I’ve been meaning to have my Gen 1 injectors checked, spray pattern, leakage etc, but haven’t as yet.
It’s interesting to see yours stripped down like this. I love what you’ve done to the little black o-ring lol.
Does that sleeve with the mesh fit inside at the top of the injector?
So I’ve just looked at the parts listing.... it only shows the top o-ring and the cushion ring at the base... no sleeve, looks to me like there is no sleeve filter inside the top of the injector at all.

Last edited:
I’ve been meaning to have my Gen 1 injectors checked, spray pattern, leakage etc, but haven’t as yet.
It’s interesting to see yours stripped down like this. I love what you’ve done to the little black o-ring lol.
So I’ve just looked at the parts listing.... it only shows the top o-ring and the cushion ring at the base... no sleeve, looks to me like there is no sleeve filter inside the top of the injector at all.
15679777922802504708805239990323.jpg

Yes has filter in top. But don't think you getting it off without tearing it up

Ok . . . so where did you get that kit from?
Looks like the sleeve filter thingy is the same as the old one.
Does it fit in precisely? Same dimensions?
I wonder if my injectors are a bit blocked in those screens, I've cleaned out the whole fuel system EXCEPT for the injectors and I'm still getting a lean surge at cruise throttle openings in top gear, but only occasionally.
See in this diagram the 3 components on the injector . . .
No's 6 , no 7 and no 8.
Does not show that internal sleeve . .
1567979069996.png

I assume it's not a servicable part. After I pulled it out disnt feel good about reusing. Kinda messed the lip up. Worked on a few machines like that. You cant find them in the schematic. I have posted cleaning injectors on this site. Pretty easy with makeshift stuff. The screen surves a purpose. Curiosity is people cleaning injectors the way the fuel runs into them? Spray backwards first, get trash outof screen. Bought these on eBay. All different prices. Havent put them together yet to see, but looks exactly like oem size

Ok . . . so where did you get that kit from?
Looks like the sleeve filter thingy is the same as the old one.
Does it fit in precisely? Same dimensions?
I wonder if my injectors are a bit blocked in those screens, I've cleaned out the whole fuel system EXCEPT for the injectors and I'm still getting a lean surge at cruise throttle openings in top gear, but only occasionally.
See in this diagram the 3 components on the injector . . .
No's 6 , no 7 and no 8.
Does not show that internal sleeve . .
View attachment 1604563
Just downsize pipes to fit injector and downspout. Bought injector female off eBay for ease of hooking up and put a toggle switch laying around inline with the battery

1567984105980404278477886428730.jpg

With these screens you going to have to take out the brass sleeve. New screen will not fit of you dont
0909191720.jpg
0909191719.jpg

Back