Injector question

busamo

Registered
This is a 99 with yoshi slip ons and k&n. It was running crappy so i replaced the fuel pump, filter, screens and orings. The bike ran great for 10 miles then started running sluggish again. I have worked on cars for years and tried some car tricks on the bike. I started the bike with the tank up and filter housing off but everything still plugged into the filter housing and pulled the coils with the bike dropping rpms with each coil being pulled. Ok so the coils are working fine. Reinstall air box and move on to the injectors. I start at cyl 1 and rpms drop cyl 2 same cyl 3 same cyl 4 no drop in rpms. So im assuming the injector on cyl 4 is not spraying. I have an 04 that runs perfect and was going to replace and injector from my bike to trouble shoot the injector on my sons bike. Is this a good idea or should i try something else before i do this?

Well instead of taking another bike apart u could just swap injector 3 to 4 and do that test again and if injector 3 is messed up u found the problem...

I ran into a similar issue,suspected a coil arching to the tube instead of the spark plug,long story short,ohmed injectors, coils,checked spark on the coils and it ended up being a silly spark plug.changed the plugs and alls well.Also ran a 1/2 can of sea foam through it.Runs great now.

Back