Injector Problems? Clean Plugs

Busa Sam

Registered
2002 hayabusa, 315 miles.

Bike has been hard to start, run for a few seconds then die...run then die...then eventually stay running.
Can ride it, just slow acceleration.
So I started checking the injectors and while the bike is running...started unplugging them.
No change at all when I unplugged the 2 outside injectors...but when I pulled either of the 2 center injectors, the bike stalled.
Decided to pull the plugs and 2 are clean and 2 look normal.
Checked power going to the injectors and all light up.
What should I do next? Any help is appreciated, thanks!
NndRDog.jpg

Also, I haven't removed the injectors...im thinking they just pull straight out but didn't want to break them.
Any way I could test them?
Bike did sit untouched for 12 or 13 years and I did have to replace the tank, fuel pump assembly etc

First check if there is spark on spark plugs if yes switch the 2 working injectors on other not working cylinder if still the same check the pistons pressure maybe valves need grind

Any1 help with the fuel rail? There's 1 o ring on it but when I put it together...its really loose. Is there more than 1 o ring or something else that's supposed to be on it?

Weak spark caused by a faulty ckps (crank shaft position sensor) was causing all my problems, it gave similar symptoms to what you are experiencing, when they start playing up, they send bad signals to the Ecu, which then tells the injectors and coils to operate at the wrong time, injecting mixture when all valves are shut for e.g
if it was fuel related, I'd guess your plugs would be fouled or at least signs of all cylinders firing, could try swapping coils and injectors between cylinders (once you sort out you fuel rail of course)

Just had the injectors cleaned yesterday, I'll put them back in today after work and see what happens

Weak spark caused by a faulty ckps (crank shaft position sensor) was causing all my problems, it gave similar symptoms to what you are experiencing, when they start playing up, they send bad signals to the Ecu, which then tells the injectors and coils to operate at the wrong time, injecting mixture when all valves are shut for e.g
if it was fuel related, I'd guess your plugs would be fouled or at least signs of all cylinders firing, could try swapping coils and injectors between cylinders (once you sort out you fuel rail of course)

Thanks for the reply! I haven't actually checked the spark, but looking at the electrodes on the plugs, they have to be sparking.
I had 2 injectors that were completely stopped up and I'm really hoping that is the problem lol.
When I get them back in after work, I'll report back.
Thanks again!

Any luck with your problems?

Just got the injectors in and wow, what a difference...throttle response and how quickly it revs now is amazing.
Letting it cool down now to re check the plugs. Not really revving passed 8-9k though, like it starts to bog... any ideas?
I don't have the air box back on yet but I doubt that would cause an imaginary rev limiter

Got the air box back on, tank bolted down and took it for a ride.
Regardless if it's in neutral or gear, between 8k and 9k rpm it just bogs...pulls hard then just falls on it's face.
Any ideas anyone??

Can you check your fuel pressure?, could be a worn out fuel pump or partially blocked filter, that is located in the plastic housing, in the fuel tank, that could cause high rpm running issues.

Can you check your fuel pressure?, could be a worn out fuel pump or partially blocked filter, that is located in the plastic housing, in the fuel tank, that could cause high rpm running issues.

Won't have time until this weekend unfortunately, any more suggestions for other things to also check will be appreciated.
Thanks !

Thanks for the reply! I haven't actually checked the spark, but looking at the electrodes on the plugs, they have to be sparking.
I had 2 injectors that were completely stopped up and I'm really hoping that is the problem lol.
When I get them back in after work, I'll report back.
Thanks again!
Shove a screwdriver in the coils, one at a time and check the couloir of the spark when cranking, it should be blue and strong under cranking, if it's yellow, you have issues, it's a process of elimination but eliminate possible causes 100%, otherwise you might ignore something relevant.

Shove a screwdriver in the coils, one at a time and check the couloir of the spark when cranking, it should be blue and strong under cranking, if it's yellow, you have issues, it's a process of elimination but eliminate possible causes 100%, otherwise you might ignore something relevant.

I will do that Saturday, thanks!

2002 hayabusa, 315 miles.

Bike has been hard to start, run for a few seconds then die...run then die...then eventually stay running.
Can ride it, just slow acceleration.
So I started checking the injectors and while the bike is running...started unplugging them.
No change at all when I unplugged the 2 outside injectors...but when I pulled either of the 2 center injectors, the bike stalled.
Decided to pull the plugs and 2 are clean and 2 look normal.
Checked power going to the injectors and all light up.
What should I do next? Any help is appreciated, thanks!
NndRDog.jpg
Just noticed that those plugs are iridium, it's supposed to have cr9e plugs, I was told that you can't clean iridium plugs, are/were they new? An you try a set of stock plugs?

Just noticed that those plugs are iridium, it's supposed to have cr9e plugs, I was told that you can't clean iridium plugs, are/were they new? An you try a set of stock plugs?
It's what they gave me at the parts store...yes they were new and 2 looked new when I pulled them, like u see in pic.
I'll get some new plugs tomorrow and change them out Saturday

The stock plugs are much cheaper than iridium plugs, I've had ducatis before and I found that they actually run better on the stock/cheaper plugs than on the iridiums.

The stock plugs are much cheaper than iridium plugs, I've had ducatis before and I found that they actually run better on the stock/cheaper plugs than on the iridiums.
Ok thanks! I will try the regular plugs.
I'm also going to pull the fuel pump assembly back out and clean the strainer and filter or whatever it is

Any luck with your problems?
I checked the plugs, all are getting a nice blue spark.
I don't have a gauge to check fuel pressure so I decided to pull the tank off and check the pump.
I had to buy another tank and full pump assembly since the one originally on the bike was extremely rusty.
I wish now that I would have checked the pre screen before pumping in in the bike the 1st time lol...anyways, here's what I found...
2KplZAr.jpg

wRX9fM8.jpg

Pretty nasty.. I also picked up some new plugs, the regular non iridium ones and as soon as get the tank back on, I'll report back.
Thanks for the help so far!

Back