Injector disassembly

Neophyte

Registered
Is it possible to disassemble a Gen 1's injectors?

We have an issue where after we clean the injectors the bike would run fine for about 10km then the same injector would get "dirty" again.

^:thumbsup:^
I don't think dirt magically finds the same injector again and again.
Did you test the injector before re-install? Opening and closing properly? Good spray pattern?
Rubb.

Once out I activate them with a small power supply and force acetone through them with a syringe as hard as possible but obviously not enough pressure for nice spray pattern. They all the spray the same. Every time when I start the one hardly sprays so I know I definitely get it clean(er) again. Done it so many times now it isn't funny anymore.

A friend actually explained to me how to take the injectors apart so I can truly clean it out. He says you can't believe the crap that still comes out of it.

Once out I activate them with a small power supply and force acetone through them with a syringe as hard as possible but obviously not enough pressure for nice spray pattern. They all the spray the same. Every time when I start the one hardly sprays so I know I definitely get it clean(er) again. Done it so many times now it isn't funny anymore.

A friend actually explained to me how to take the injectors apart so I can truly clean it out. He says you can't believe the crap that still comes out of it.
-try a can of pressurized cleaner instead of syringe?
-do a reverse clean as well (spray cleaner in the outlet)?
-is the rest of the system clean? Tank,fuel filter,pump ?
-do u have a place to send them for professional cleaning?
-perhaps just replace? Can be expensive I know. I run 2 sets (turbo)
Rubb.

Best tool you'll ever buy!
They look kool E Z. I was trying to get my buddy (shop owner) to buy one. Motion Pro is good bang for the buck,usually.
I bein' poor,will have to make my own. I have 2 or 3 ideas.
Rubb.

Back